12

"What the hell was that," Elena gaped afterwards. I'd walked, no, ran away after I kissed Adam, and Elena found me. 

"You weren't supposed to run off, you didn't stick to the plan," Adeline protested. 

"You planned this?" Elena turned to look at Adeline, who shrugged.

"Well, at least we DTR'd- sort of." I mumbled.

"DTR?" Kaetlyn asked, puzzled.

"Define The Relationship. Didn't you read City of Heavenly Fire?" I said. 

"Nope, not in the fandom," Kaetlyn said. Adeline high fived her. 

"Mundanes," Elena rolled her eyes. We laughed. "Okay back to the topic.. why'd you run off?"

To be honest, I ran off because I was scared. I panicked and suddenly I didn't know why I did all that, how I even had the nerve to do any of that. I told myself I'd already gotten so far, so I just left because I didn't know what else to do. I just shrugged in response to Elena. "Ugh, now I probably owe him another apology," I grumbled.

Adeline threw her head back laughing," That's it. That's your relationship. Apologies."

"Not like I meant to," I protested. 

"Whatever. Good luck, sis," she said. I sighed, I'd gotten myself into this, I was the only one to save myself. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This is it. Everybody ready?" Adeline, the natural-born leader asked us in a hushed voice outside Sharen Eccels' room. We all knew how thin these walls were... I wonder how many times people have eavesdropped on my conversations... No Kat, stop thinking like that. 

Elena, Kaetlyn, Rachel and I nodded. Kaetlyn knocked on the door four times. 

Sharen flung the door open, and Sydney was already inside. "Hey guys! Come in!" she beamed.

Shit. It was going to be harder to snoop around if Sydney was in there as well. 

"So, what do you guys want to do first? Should we make fanfics for each other?" Sharen suggested.

"Uh- sure," I said. I scanned the room, looking for anything that could give us any answers. There were no family photos or anything personal, really, just fandom posters and merch. Nothing hinting that Elsa Eccels is her mother. 

"I have to use the bathroom," Kaetlyn announced, as she got up. Mintues later, she came out shaking her head at us, meaning she didn't find anything. I saw Sharen's Harry Potter cased iPhone lying on the Supernatural rug she had in her room. I caught Adeline's eye, and we both looked at the phone. She raised one eyebrow, and I raised both of mine in response. She nodded her head in my direction, as if she were saying you go get it. My eyes darted back and forth from the phone and Sharen, who was reading her fanfic for Sydney and Tom Hiddleston. 

I reached my hand over and slid the phone over. There was no passcode, thank god, so all the phone hacking stuff Reed taught me was unneccesary. Before I could open anything, Sharen's eyes landed on her phone... which happened to be in my hands.

"Is that my phone?" she asked, squinting. 

"Uh- yeah, I um," my palms started sweating, and Sharen's phone slipped. I was a terrible lier especially at desperate times like this. 

She walked over and snatched the phone from my hand. For someone so protective of her phone, she really lacked security for it, I thought. 

"Well? What were you doing with it?" Sharen asked suspiciously. 

I looked at Adeline for help, but she looked away. "We know who you are," I tried saying as calmly as possible. I sat up straighter, trying to look more confident than I was. 

Addie, Kaetlyn, Elena and Rachel stared at me gaping like Why the hell did you do that, Sharen looked half nervous and half angry, and Sydney looked confused.. as usual. 

"You're Elsa's daughter. We know that, and we aren't afraid of you," I announced. 

Sharen's face turned red, as she insisted," I don't know what the hell you're talking about."

"What is your motive?" I demanded. I bet everyone outside heard the conversation, since these walls were so thin, but I didn't care. 

Sharen's face flushed from embarrasment instead of anger. Now she was the one lost for words.  She finally sighed, "I- I think it's time I told you guys the truth."