13

"You guys are right, I am Elsa's daughter, and I know it's no secret that she works for the Scientists and I'm sure everybody knows how much she hates Multifandoms. It was impossible to sneak around with her always being at Fandom Academy, and I was extra careful. So this guy named Walt told me about Multifandom Academy, and I ran away from Fandom Academy to come here where I could be free. You guys probably think I'm a traitor or something, but I swear, I'm not. I just want to be able to be Multifandom freely, like you guys. I didn't want people knowing I was Elsa's daughter, because I knew they would jump to conclusions- like you guys, or judge me because of that. I just wanted to be another normal Multifandom fangirl," Sharen explained, tears running down her cheeks by the time she was finished. "I'm sorry, okay? I'm sorry." 

We were all still sitting in a circle, glancing at each other silently.. well, they all seemed to be staring at me. Adeline raised both her eyebrows, as if she were saying well? I sighed, I guess they wanted me to take charge here. 

"You better not be lying. If we find out you're lying-" I attempted threatnening. 

"Okay, I'm not. I'm sorry,"  Sharen cried. 

I got up and left her dorm, the others following closely behind. Somebody  grabbed my arm, and I knew it was my  sister. "What. Was that?"  she hissed.

"I don't know- I mean, what else are we going to do about it? We can't do anything," I said. 

"Just- be careful,' Addie sighed. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day at lunch, Sharen was no where to be found even though she was in class. She avoided us all day. Sydney, though, was here.

"Oh my god, you guys. I just had the weirdest dream ever," Sydney said. "I dreamed that I was in a mental hospital or something and then I was trying to kill you guys because you were Multifandom. It was so weird." she kept eating her Amity bread, but the rest of us froze. 

It's been a month since Reed first tampered with Sydney's memories, and I recall that they were supposed to re-wipe her memories every month. I could almost hear everyon'es heavy, ragged breathing. Everyone avoided looking at Sydney, or each other so we all just stared at our food, even though we weren't hungry anymore. Sydney was starting to remember things, and it was only a matter of time before she turned on us and alerted the Scientists. 

Only Kaetlyn managed to keep calm. "Oh, that's weird all right but my dream was even weirder. I was in the Hunger Games with Sam and Dean and we were throwing spears at Sherlock Holmes who was riding a rainbow unicorn. I mean, why would Sherlock ride unicorns? Weird, right? Then the weirdest part was, the spears turned into chocolate and Tobias showed up and started eating them." RIdiculous improvisation by Kaetlyn Moir, everybody. We all laughed as genuinely as possible, but it was all tense and nervous I could tell. I only hoped Sydney couldn't. 

"This is why you don't read weird fanfics before bed," Adeline smirked. 

"Be right back," I announced as I rose and hurried away to find Reed. 

He was down in the basement in one of the rooms with Peter and another professor with light brown skin and black hair. 

"Reed, we have an emergency," I panted, I was out of breath from running down stairs. 

Reed raised his eyebrows. "Hello Katrynna. What seems to be the problem?" 

i gulped, "Sydney started remembering- it was in her dreams, but still." 

Peter scratched the back of his neck," Shite."

"We'll have to re-wipe her. Do you still have the serum, Xam?" Reed asked the other man. 

Xam hesitated," Yes. Shall we try the pill or the syringe?" 

"The syringe will be difficult this time, she'd be... aware," Peter pointed out. 

"The pill then. We'll have to convert the serum into powder first," Xam said.

"Have we tried transmitting radiowaves?" Reed suggested.

"No, it's not ready for use," Peter interrupted.                                                     

I stood at the doorway in horror. Their conversation was just sickening, and I couldn't bear to hear any more of this. "Do something about it, okay? And try to keep it sane."