17

"Kat, there you are," a deep, sexy voice said.

I whipped around, and blinked several times before I could see clearly. The owner of the voice was as sexy as the voice suggested. His blonde hair was messy and flying out in all directions, and his face was beaded with sweat. He sounded out a bit breathless, like he had just been running. He had runes all over his arms and neck. This could only be Jace... Whateverlastnameheprefers. "Jace? Is it really you?" I gasped, reaching out to touch his cheek.

"Kat, I've been looking everywhere for you," another voice said. Oh gods, first Jace and now Peeta Mellark was here? What is this?

"A-are you real? Or am I fictional now?" I asked Jace.. or maybe I asked Peeta. I wasn't so sure, everything was a bit fuzzy.

Before Jace or Peeta could reply, a loud ringing sound filled my ears. I must have been in a dream, I thought. Weird how I'm a lucid dreamer sometimes, aware that I'm dreaming. This isn't my alarm clock.

I woke up to see Kaetlyn slipping on her customized Supernatural Converse and looking panicked. The ringing sound was still there, so it wasn't from the dream. "Is that- the fire alarm?" I murmured.

"Yes. What the hell do I do, my books are going to freaking burn in here," Kaetlyn panicked.

I kicked on some flip flops and grabbed her arm, getting us out of our dorm. "I feel ya, as much as it hurts to think about our burning books, we're going to die. Come on.."

"Ugh, I feel like I'm in a Pretty Little Liars episode," Kaetlyn groaned. We went into the hallway to see everyone else looking as confused as us.

"Smoke!" somebody cried. We could see the smoke, slowly drifting to our direction. I covered my face with my sleeve and ran in the opposite direction of the smoke with the rest of the floor.

Who could have done this? Who would try to set our school on fire? Was it an experiment gone wrong? I was thinking too much, the smoke started clouding my brain. It was beginning to get difficult to breathe, thank gods we reached the emergency exit in time. Someone pushed open the door and about 30 of us pushed past one another and ran as far as we could from the building.

"Kat! There you are," Adeline rushed over, giving me a hug.

"Kat, I've been looking everywhere for you," Adam came over too, and kissed me on the cheek.

Why did those lines sound so familliar? I shivered, realising that it was "Jace" and "Peeta" that said the exact same things to me in the dream. That couldn't be a coincidence, I don't believe in coincidences, not anymore. This was just... creepy. I must have looked spooked, because Adam asked me if I was okay.

I leaned against a tree for support as I started coughing. The smoke really screwed me over. I squinted into the distance at the inferno that was once my school . "Course I'm not alright. Someone tried burning our school down," I mumbled. Actually, Multifandom Academy was so much more than just a school. It became my home. Nobody messes with my home.