14

Peter, Reed and Xam called us in for a secret meeting downstairs the next day. The level of anxiety at the round table was so intense. 

"So? What's the verdict?" Adeline asked. It was 4am in the morning, and none of us were really awake, except her. I suspect it's all the coffee she drinks.

"We've talked about this, and we've decided that you guys are right," Reed said, he appeared to be looking directly at Elena.

Peter cleared his throat," We will not take action and let Sydney remember, and let her decide what she wants."

That was good... wasn't it? At least they weren't going to do horrible things to her... then, the terrifying truth struck me. Sydney could betray us and tell the scientists about the Multifandoms. What if they took us to the Labs? Just when I finally thought I could have a normal life.. well, as normal as a fangirl can ever be. 

"It's only fair if she decides what happens to her, right? Plus now that she's been on both sides she can choose which side she wants to be on," Xam put in. 

Sides? I didn't like the sound of that. This sounded like war or something. My head started hurting, maybe from lack of sleep (I was up reading until 2, so I only got one hour of sleep.) or maybe because this was too much for me to handle at 4m.

"You realise this is super risky for us, right?" Kaetlyn said quietly.

Reed sighed," We decided it's the best way."

We silently agreed, none of us wanted to speak. Peter told us we could leave, and we I trudged back to my dorm with Kaetlyn. 

"What side do you think Sydney's going to be on?" she murmured. 

To be honest, I didn't really want to think about this right now. I yawned and said," I don't know, maybe ours."  Kaetlyn smiled a bit and crawled back into her bed. I'd never be Candor, I thought, because deep down I had a feeling Sydney was going to betray us. I threw my Divergent blanket over me and tried to calm myself down. I've been betrayed far too many times already, I didn't need another one. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

THIS WAS SO SHORT I'm v sorry guys.