II

C H A P T E R    T W O:

ANYA LEANED AGAINST the side of the shuttle as she waited for a certain blonde boy to arrive

ANYA LEANED AGAINST the side of the shuttle as she waited for a certain blonde boy to arrive. She picked at the peeling nail polish on her nails with an exasperated sigh.

" Looking good in that uniform hot stuff!"

She rolled her eyes. "Good morning to you too Kristian."

He snickered as a few people looked in his direction. " Seriously you are smoking!", he hollered.

" Please do shut up and get in your seat.", she said glaring at him.

" Anything for my bestfriend.", he said, giving her a cheeky wink before getting in the shuttle.

" Idiot...", she mumbled as she pulled her gray skirt down. She saw a few workers looking at her, their eyes trailing down at her body.

" What the hell are you all looking at?", she snapped, heat making its way up to her face. Damn this uniform. She thought as she went back to picking at her nails.

Pike sighed as he placed a hand on her shoulder, giving her a look that meant it was time to leave. She looked towards the distance and sighed before stepping inside the recruit's shuttle.

She soon heard a roar of an engine, making her turn around in surprise. Jim Kirk parked his motorcycle and got off.

" Nice ride man.", a shipyard engineer complimented.

Jim took the keys from the ignition and threw it towards the man. " It's yours."

He walked up towards Pike with a smirk. " Four years? I'll do it in three.", he stated before entering the shuttle, bumping into Anya in the process.

His eyes scanned down her uniform, trailing it up until he locked his eyes with hers. " Hello sweetheart, glad to see you here.", he flirted.

She rolled her eyes at him, lips curling upwards before sitting down, buckling herself up. She actually felt relieved to see him take up the offer in starfleet. She felt as if he was one of the people who could understand her. She wanted to know if his mother ever talked about her parents the same way Pike told her about his father. She wanted to know what they were like before they died.

He soon sat beside her, much to her distaste, before putting on his seatbelt.

She scanned the area and saw Kristian looking over her way with a brow raised. She gave him a look that meant that they were going to talk about it later. He then gave her a knowing smirk before waving his eye brows at her teasingly.