V

C H A P T E R    F I V E:

[TWO YEARS LATER]

ANYA BARNES WALKED out the building with a clipboard and a few books on her arm

ANYA BARNES WALKED out the building with a clipboard and a few books on her arm. The wind whipping past her face, making her squint.

" Hey sweetheart wait up!"

Anya rolled her eyes and continued to walk away, pretending not to hear anything. A pair of rushed footsteps made it's way towards her until they reached her side.

" Hello my beautiful Anya, how are you today?", he flirted.

Ever since the incident at the cafe, Jim Kirk made it his goal to get her to go on a date with him. She had grown closer with Bones because of it and earned a few friends that had the same dislike for the blue eyed boy.

" My day was wonderful before you came along.", she replied, not giving him a glance.

He ignored her comment. " Did you know ' Anya' means ' gracious ' in Russian?", he stated.

The irritated woman sighed and stopped walking to face him. " As a matter of fact, James, I do. Since you have said that to me a hundred times whenever we seemed to bump into each other, if you call intentionally shoving past me as ' bumping '. ", she hissed.

Before he could reply Bones jogged over to them with ragged breaths. " Jesus woman, how do you walk so fast in those heels.", he whined.

She chuckled. " Hello to you too Leonard."

Bones waved at her with a smile before looking at Jim. "Why are you so happy?"

"I don't know what you're talking about.", He said cooly.

"No, I don't suppose you do.", Anya said as she rolled her eyes.

A pair of female cadets walked last them, catching the eye of the famous Jim Kirk. "Hello, ladies.", he flirted. Something riled up in Anya when he said those words. She didn't know what it was and she didn't like it one bit.

"I'm taking the test again.", Jim announced, making the duo snap their head at him.

"You got to be kidding me.", Bones sighed.

"Yeah, tomorrow morning and I want you there.", he said to Bones before landing his eyes on Anya." You too sweetheart.", he winked.

" You know, I've got better things to do than to watch you embarrass yourself for a third time. I'm a doctor, Jim, I'm busy.", Mccoy argued.