XII

C H A P T E R T W E L V E:

ANYA LEFT KRISTIAN and Scotty alone so that they could catch up

ANYA LEFT KRISTIAN and Scotty alone so that they could catch up. Kristian was more than happy to see his family aboard the ship and Scott was just glad he was free from the dreaded ice planet he came from.

The woman was now with Chekov, doing some calculations that would help them for their surprise attack on the Romulans. To say that she was impressed was an understatement. The boy was a genius in disguise, people just never really payed attention to him to realise his capabilities.

" You did it.", she whispered as she checked the calculations.The boy grinned up at her before nodding towards the arguing crew.

"And just go in there guns blazing, Jim.", Mccoy stated.

"Sulu sighed. " I'm telling you the math doesn't support—"

"Captain Kork, Captain Kork!", Pavel called as he ran towards him. Anya chuckled slightly at his accent and followed him.

Jim sighed. "Yes, Chekov. What is it?"

Pavel took a deep breath. "Based on ze Narada's course from Wulcan, I have projected that Nero will travel past Saturn. Like you said, we need to stay inwisible to Nero or he'll destroy us. If Mister Scott can get us to warp factor four, and if we drop out of warp behind one of Saturn's moons, say, Titan, the magnetic distortion from the planet's rings will make us inwisible to Nero's sensors. From there, as long as the drill is not actiwated we can beam aboard the enemy ship.", he finished.

The crew stared at him wide eyed, surprised that the boy had figured out a way.

"Aye, that might work.", Scotty stated while holding a towel to his ear. He was now wearing the usual Star Fleet Engineering uniform.

" It will, the plan is perfect.", Anya added and nudged the Russian boy who smiled in return.

Bones shook his head, still contemplating on the idea. "Wait a minute, kid, how old are you?"

"Sewenteen, sir.", Chekov answered adorably.

"Oh, oh good, he's seventeen.", Bones said sarcastically.

" Just because he's young doesn't make him any less smart than any of us Leonard.", Anya pointed out.

"Doctor, Mister Chekov is correct.", Spock stated from behind them. The crew stared up at him in surprise. "I can confirm his telemetry. If Mister Sulu is able to maneuver us into position, I can beam aboard Nero's ship, steal back the black hole device, and if possible, bring back Captain Pike."