IX

C H A P T E R N I N E:

C H A P T E R    N I N E:

"I LOVE YOU baby doll"

" Take care of my little girl..."

" Amanda no!—"

" I am your godfather after all..."

" Anya! Hold on!"

" No!"

" Please wake up..."

Anika Barnes groggily opened her eyes, hissing as the bright light blinded her for a moment. She blinked her eyes a couple times before she checked her surroundings. She was currently in the sick bay, she recognised it from the distinct smell of detergents and death.

She slowly tried to sit up, hissing in pain as she wandered one of her hands to her side. The wound was stitched and clean now. The colour in her face seemed to go back to normal. She also noticed that she wore different clothes now, it was just a plain white t-shirt and some grey sweatpants.

" Don't sit up or else you'll rip your stitches open dammit!", Bones reprimanded as he entered her room with a scanner in his hands.

" I'm fine Leo—"

" In a cow's ass you are!", he scoffed.

Anya furrowed her eyebrows at his choice of words but decided not to say anything of it.

" What happened?", she questioned as she sat up straighter, careful to not rip open her stitches.

" You passed out from blood loss. Why didn't you didn't tell us you got stabbed by a Romulan?", he asked as he scanned her with his trusty medical scanner. She never saw him on the ship without a medical tool in his pocket, it always seemed to amuse her.

She looked at him sheepishly. " I forgot?"

Bones gave her the look as he sighed. " When I saw you on the floor as white as a sheet I thought you were dead. We all did."

She stared at him guiltily. " I'm sorry."

His eyes softened and sat on her bed. " Jim and this other kid visited you earlier, and trust me they did not get along."

She rose her brow at this. " What kid?"

" Some scottish guy who kept saying he was gonna kill kirk or something along the lines of that."