XIV

C H A P T E R F O U R T E E N:

" I'VE NEVER FELT so happy to be back on Earth

" I'VE NEVER FELT so happy to be back on Earth.", Kristian sighed as they stepped out of the ship.

" You and me both, kid.", Bones muttered.

Anya chuckled as her mind wandered back to when she first met Bones. He always reminded her about how Space was a disease and danger wrapped around darkness and silence.

" Something funny Barnes?", He mused.

She laughed. " Remember when we first met? You were rambling about how space was a bad place and all that."

He cringed. " I don't take it back, it still is.", The trio laughed at this and continued to talk about other things like the academy.

" I was thinking we should meet up at Jay's pub for a drink.", Kristian said.

" Ohh, they have the best burgers in town.", Anya smiled.

" What about you Bones?", He asked.

The doctor shrugged. " Why not."

Anya fake gasped. " Mr. Grumpy lumberjack actually said yes.", she teased.

Bones rolled his eyes and playfully shoved her. Anya pretended he shoved her hard and dramatically went to the side, bumping someone in the process— a Vulcan to be specific.

" Oh my God, I'm so sorry!", she apologised to the man.

" It's quite alright Doctor Mccoy."

The trio furrowed their brows and stared at the Vulcan.

Anya blinked in confusion. " Sorry, you must've mistaken me for my friend—"

The Vulcan shook his. " I can never mistake you as another person Anya."

Kristian shook his head. " But you said Mccoy."

The Vulcan furrowed his brows. " You are married to Doctor Leonard Mccoy are you not?"

" I...what?", Anya stuttered. Since when did she get married.

She glanced at Bones, hoping that he would know what the hell was happening. But the man just shrugged at her and stared at the Vulcan.

She looked closely at the man and gasped when she realised who it was. " Spock?!"

The man smiled softly at her. " You were always an attentive one Miss Mccoy."