XIII

C H A P T E R T H I R T E E N:

ANYA ENTERED THE bridge and took a deep breath before sitting on the captain's chair

" Mister Sulu, have they landed safely on the cargo hold?", she asked.

Sulu checked his console. " Yes Lieutenant, they're in. "

She let out a breath of relief. " Okay...now we just wait.", she stated with a worried expression.

She felt a hand on her shoulder. " They'll be fine Anya...stop worrying.", Bones stated.

She let out a shaky breath. " I can't not worry about them Leo. They're on enemy territory with no back-up but a phaser."

" I thought I was the pessimistic one.", He mused.

She smiled up at him. " You still are, mister grumpy lumberjack.", she teased.

" Grumpy lumberjack? What are you, five?", He asked humorously.

" At heart Leo.", she smiled. " And I heard a few nurses calling you a hot six foot lumberjack when I passed by the med bay.", She snickered.

" You...what?", Bones said flustered.

" Well-"

" Lieutenant! They have actiwated the drill.", Chekov announced.

Uhura entered the bridge with a worried look on her face. "Communication and transport are inoperative, Lieutenant."

Anya cursed. "Sulu, please tell me you have them. Otherwise, we won't be able to beam them back.", she said hoping for good news.

Sulu shook his head. "Kirk and Spock are on their own now."

Her heart dropped at the news and took a deep breath to help her calm down. She then pressed a few buttons on the captain's chair.

" Mister Chekov, transfer the tactical weapons system to the command console.", she ordered.

" Aye!", He said as he pressed a few buttons.

The sides on the captain's chair turned into what looked like a game console, with a joy stick and a few buttons.

" Lieutenant! They have warped away from Earth and the drill is down.", an officer announced.