VII

C H A P T E R S E V E N:

THE TRIO RAN across the corridor as they made their way to the bridge

THE TRIO RAN across the corridor as they made their way to the bridge. Anya's heart was beating erratically as she tried to wrap her head around the information she had just picked from Jim.

"Captain!", Jim exclaimed as he reached the bridge.

"Jim, no!"

Jim ignored Bones and ran towards the captain. "Captain Pike, we have to stop the ship!"

" Kirk, how the hell did you get on board the Enterprise!", he exclaimed.

Bones quickly stepped forward as he tried to explain. "Captain, this man's under the influence of a severe reaction of a Melvaran flea vaccine, completely—"

"Bones, Bones—", Jim said as he tried to get him to shut up.

"—delusional. I take full responsibility.", he finished.

"Vulcan is not experiencing a natural disaster. It's being attacked by Romulans.", Jim stated.

Pike looked at him weirdly. "Romulans? Cadet Kirk, I think you've had enough attention for one day. McCoy take him back to medical, we'll have words later."

Bones nodded. "Aye Captain."

" Chris hear him out.", Anya stated, making the men look at her in confusion.

Jim shook his head. "Look, sir, that same anomaly—"

Pike sighed. "Mister Kirk..."

"Mister Kirk is not cleared to be aboard this vessel.", Spock stepped in.

Jim looked at him annoyed. "Look, I get it, you're a great orator. I'd love to do it again with you to. "

Spock ignored him and looked at Pike. "I can remove the Cadet—"

"Try it! This Cadet is trying to save the bridge.", Jim growled.

"By recommending a full stop mid-warp during a rescue mission?"

"It's not a rescue mission, listen, it's an attack."

"Based on what facts?"

Jim sighed. "That same anomaly, a lightning storm in space that we saw today, also occurred on the day of my birth. Before a Romulan ship attacked the USS Kelvin."