2

"Dad! What did I say?"

"No killing?"

"Yep. And what are you doing now?"

"Killing." He sighed putting away his switchblade.

The man fell to the ground, still alive.

"Honestly, I ask you to not do one thing." I rolled my eyes before shaking my head.

A cackle echoed through the warehouse. Dam it.

"Can I at least kill him?"

I glared at him.

"Does it hurt to ask?"

"Mr J, she has a point. You hurt the little birdie and Bats will definitely hunt us down."

"Where's the issue?"

I cleared my throat. "I'd rather not move. Again."

Dad didn't get a chance to respond as Robin dropped down and threw birdarangs at us.

But he did have time to pull out his switchblades to deflect them.

So...yeah...

"Oh hey Jester. Finally back in town?" Rob looked at me.

I shrugged. "Yep. What I miss?"

He dodged several of Dad's attacks before springing up onto a crate. "Not much. The usual."

"Fight or talk Robin. Pick one." Schist.

"Sorry Dad. I need filled in."

I jumped up onto the crate next to Rob.

The two of us are kinda sorta friends. I mean I keep Dad from killing him.

He keeps Bats from catching me.

Pretty fair trade considering that I could be used as ransom. Or bait.

"He's too young for you!" Dad dodged a few batarangs.

"Overprotective much?" Rob rolled his eyes.

"He has his reasons. You shoulda seen him when Bane kidnapped me."

"I really don't want to."

"Hey, I thought of a new word." Yep. He's gotten me into his whole butchering the English language thing. Not like I don't already do it while writing.

"What is it? Come on you've got this!" He cheered on his mentor.

"Watch out! And it's sorta like aster. If disgust is not liking something, does that mean gust could mean to like something?"

He laughed. "I taught you well."

"So...want to leave?" I whispered, watching as Mom tried to hit Bats but got tossed instead.

"Sure. I'm pretty sure he can handle this."

"Let's go." I picked him up and threw him backwards, out of view from the others.

"Finally!" Dad yelled seeing me do that.

"What are you talking about? I was tricking him the whole time. Now gotta go catch him." I hopped down and took off after the Boy Wonder.

We met up outside the warehouse.

"Hold on to me."

"The cable strong enough?"

"If it's strong enough for Kid Flash it should be strong enough for you. Now hold on."

I grabbed ahold of him as he fired his grappling hook and I continued to hold on until we were safely on the rooftop.