8

I yawned and sat up before stretching.

Welp...time to get this day over with.

After changing, I walked out into the living room, where Dad was sitting, probably passed out.

But he loves scaring me so...

What do I care?

Sitting next to him, I curled into his side.

"You okay?" He mumbled.

Not asleep then.

I nodded.

Dad sat up and pulled me onto his lap. "Come on, don't lie to me."

"I'm fine Dad." I leaned forward so my head was resting on his shoulder. "What's on the agenda?"

"Nothing for you. You weren't in the best shape yesterday."

"Look at you being all concerned about me."

"Somebody has to. If it weren't for me you'd be dead. And deader. And deadest."

Sighing, I turned my head so I could listen to his heartbeat.

After a minute, a cackle blasted my ear and I jumped.

"What the Hades Dad?!"

He chuckled and pulled out a small speaker from under his shirt. "Gotcha."

Oh my gods...why?

"Well, if I have nothing to do today...I'm gonna go hang out with Cam. Bye!" I ran out of the room and towards the door.

"Be back by nine or I skin him!"

Same old Dad.

So after calling the ice kid, I waited.

And for once, he got here on time.

"Percy! Nice to see you again dude."

"Same Cam. Now watcha want to do till nine?"

"Only nine huh. Well we could..."

I rolled my eyes. "Dad said any later and he'd skin you."

Cameron gulped. "Nevermind. But, I hear there's this awesome new exhibit at the museum. Wanna check it?"

I pulled my mask out of my pockets and pulled off my sweatshirt and sweats, revealing my costume.

"You were planning this weren't you?" He questioned as his ice started to form around his face.

"Never hurts to be prepared." I shrugged. "Now freeze."

I threw my previous outfit into the air, which he then hit with ice, freezing them in a solid block.

"Now let's go."

The two of us took off in a race, trying to beat the other to the museum.

It's just something we do.

At least until an arrow was shot into the ground in front of us, a light flashing.

"Junior!"

"On it!"

He created a barrier between us and the arrow.

Which exploded, shattering the ice.

"Stupid kids." Cam growled, ice completely covering his body.

"Really glad I wore this." I mumbled, slipping some smoke bombs out of my sleeves.

"Looking for attention Junior?" Arty landed in front of us, having jumped off of a low roof.