28

I stretched in my bed before grabbing my phone.

Rob

Yeah Jest

Wanna hang out

Sure

Meet at the aquarium in twenty minutes

K see you there

I quickly changed into a hoodie and jeans, slipping sunglasses onto my face.

"I'm headed out!" I yelled into the living room before walking out of the house.

Shoving my hands in my pockets, I kept my head down as I made my way through the streets.

"Heya Jessie."

"Hey Rob." I smiled at him. "Watcha want to do?"

"I don't know. Maybe...go walk through the aquarium?" He grinned.

Returning the smile, I pulled him into a hug keeping him close to me.

"Any reason for the affection?" He mumbled.

"I've been sick and nobody wants to come around me when I'm sick. So..." I rested my chin on his head. "I need to make up for it with you."

"Can we please go look at the fish?" He pulled away, looking up at me with a hopeful smile on his face.

"Come on birdie. I know a way in." I drug him around to a side entrance and quickly picked the lock.

Once inside he smiled looking at all the fish in the central tank.

"This is so cool."

I wrapped an arm around his shoulder. One day...

One day if I ever tell him the truth... I'm going to take him to see the ocean. Up close and personal.

"What do you want to see first? Sharks? Jellyfish?"

"Jellyfish."

Nodding I pulled him through the aquarium, stopping by the jellyfish tanks.

"Whoa." I could tell his eyes widened as the grin on his face widened.

"Never been to an aquarium before?" I took a guess.

"We're always too busy. And not a lot of villains target this place...not even your dad."

"Yeah, well, I like fish and why should we interfere with them? They can easily die and honestly the risk of that isn't worth the ransom cause we wouldn't get much from the aquarium for a dead fish."

"What about people who want to eat it or whatever?" He questioned.

"They...well let's just say they liked to try to take advantage of us."

And that tends to end with dead people, was the unspoken addition.

"Um, this way!" Rob grabbed my arm and pulled me towards some other tanks.

We spent the rest of the day running around the aquarium. Which I admit, being with him was helping with the last of the...side effects.

I haven't felt anything-

I gasped, leaning against a wall teeth clenched.

"You okay?"

"I'm good." I mumbled, straightening. "I'm gonna head home. See you later."

I got out of there as fast as I could, traveling back to the Manor.

I need to figure out how to do this...

Shaking my head I walked downstairs.

"So look who's actually here for once." Bruce raised an eyebrow.

"Well, I do have a life you know. And unlike some people I'm capable of taking care of myself." I sat down across from him as he ate his lunch. "Not at the office for once?"

"I was worried about you. Gotham isn't a place-"

"I was raised on the streets Bruce. I don't need some rich uncle to swoop in and 'save' me. If I wanted that..." I laughed softly. "I could have stayed with my dad's family. But, I keep coming back here."

"What do you mean, your dad's family?" He dropped his fork.

"Well, they say we're related. And I sometimes go hang with them. But I always come back. You know why? I have people here I care about. And I'm not letting them get hurt because I was forced to leave." I huffed getting up.

"I'm going to go get a bath. Don't bother me." Stalking up to my room I entered the bathroom and started a hot bath.

While I let the tub fill up, I grabbed a wash rag and a towel.

I took off my clothes before climbing in, muscles relaxing the moment I touched the water.

Laying down, I started washing my hair, some of the dye coming out.

Told Annabeth we shouldn't have gotten the cheap stuff.

After rinsing my hair out, I quickly washed off. Then I got out of the tub, wrapping the towel tightly around me.

I walked into my room, finding clothes and putting them on.

Pulling on a jacket I looked at myself in the mirror.

Okay...I think this looks good.

Pulling out my phone I dialed Kaldur's number before putting it on speaker as I tried to find my hairbrush.

"Hello?"

"Hey Kaldur." A smile appeared on my face as I ran the brush through my hair.

"Oh, hello Percy. How are you?"

"Good. You?"

"I am doing well."

There was silence, only interrupted by the sound of my brush going through my hair.

"Do you have anything going on?" I finally questioned.

"No. Why do you wish to know?"

"I...um...I wanted to know if you wanted to go on a walk or something..." I slowly trailed off.

What if he noticed something? I mean...I don't hurt as much, it's just dull aching now.

But that one earlier...what if it happens again but worse?

"Of course. Do you want to meet up at the park? By the southern entrance?"

"Sounds good. Be there in a bit."

I hung up, sighing in relief.

After that last date...

Shaking my head, I smiled. This is going to be better.

Welp

Crap as always, but mainly cause I have a headache...

And as always

Ideas?

And I'm gonna either play some games or type or maybe something else.

See yah