36

No!

Nononononononono.

This can't be happening. This can't be happening.

I...I need Diana.

Closing my eyes I vapor traveled to the place I knew she was at, the one place I never wanted to go back to.

The Cave.

Well...I was going to...but...

I looked down at Annabeth. If I vapor travel...it might hurt her worse than she already is.

"You're such an idiot Wise Girl."

I rushed to the nearest Zeta Tube, ignoring the burning pain from the scratch along my side. I'll survive.

"Zeta Tube override. Wonder Woman guest, demigod of the Greek gods. Override Aquaman, child of the sea. "

This is when I'm glad they told me they programmed this in...just in case demigods were getting chased.

Or for Aquaman...if I was getting chased. Perks of having Poseidon for a dad I guess.

"Recognized Wonder Woman guest. Aquaman guest."

I reappeared in the Cave, tears streaming from behind my mask.

"Jester!" The Team settled into fighting positions.

I ignored them and stumbled towards Diana.

My cousin simply stared at me, not knowing what was going on.

Forcing Annabeth into her arms, I returned her stare, sobbing.

"Help her...please..." I collapsed to my knees. "Please..."

Diana looked down at Annabeth's blood spattered face, eyes widening.

"Annabeth?" She mumbled, frozen yo the spot. Then she flew into action, literally flying out of the room.

"Jester, what happened?" Arty sat in front of me.

"We were coming home from an early morning patrol." I swallowed.

I hope she doesn't notice that I'm bleeding.

"And...?"

"We got jumped and when we fought back-" I leaned forward, head resting on the floor. "I can't lose her."

Artemis gently rubbed my back. "It's okay...Wonder Woman will make sure she's okay. We're heroes...we'll save her."

"Uh...aren't those two villains?" Wally questioned.

"Say what you want Wally but if I had to trust anyone with my life, it would be Jester."

I winced and started shaking harder. "Arty, stop trying to help."

"Sorry, but you know what I mean. Just because they're the bad guys doesn't mean that they're bad people."

"Hello, Earth to Artemis that's exactly what it means. "

She sighed and grabbed me underneath my arms before hauling me up.

"Let's get you to a couch." Artemis led me to the living room.

Once there, I just plopped down on the couch, curling into a ball.

I can't lose her...not again. Not after I promised her I wouldn't let her die.

"Uh...are you bleeding?" A hand lightly brushed my bloodsoaked shirt and I suppressed my wince.

"It's not my blood." I lied, sitting up. Then I wiped my eyes.

"You know Wonder Woman is going to do everything she can to save Stalker right?"

"Here...have a cookie."

I looked up to see the smiling face of Megan.

"Thanks..." I mumbled taking it. Then I sighed.

Diana isn't going to let Annie die. She'd have ambrosia and nectar and I've seen the infirmary here.

I don't need to be worried. She'll be fine.

She'll be fine.

I took a bite out of the cookie, humming in appreciation. "This is good."

"Really? I didn't know if they would be good since-"

"They're great so you don't need to worry." Smiling, I ran a hand through my hair.

"How did you know Wonder Woman was here? How did you know about the Cave anyway?" Connor narrowed his eyes at me.

"Robin's not the only person who can hack. Plus...Arty is not the best at keeping secrets."

"Blaming it on me as usual." My friend rolled her eyes.

"Like you don't blame stuff on me all the time."

"Not bank robberies."

"That was one time Artemis! One time. And are we forgetting the murder you pinned on me?"

"That was Jade and you know it!"

Wally rubbed the back of his neck. "Are we missing something here? You two know each other?"

"Yeah...I thought you guys knew that..." Artemis's eyebrows drew together. "I'm pretty sure you knew that."

Once again, thank you Dad.

"Nope, never knew it till now. Did you get punched in the head when you fought Stalker?" Dick walked in and perched up on the counter.

"Robin, what have I told you?"

"Come on Kaldur, sitting on a counter isn't the most dangerous thing I've ever done."

My...ex sighed before walking over and lifting Dick up and put him back on the floor.

Would he be considered my ex? I mean I told him we shouldn't date but that didn't exactly lead to us talking about breaking up...

Plus he doesn't even remember that we were dating in the first place.

Eh, doesn't matter. Not like I'll ever admit to dating him. That would be an awkward conversation.

"Well, I think I should probably go...if Wondie tells Bats I'm here...I'm never gonna hear the end of it from Dad."

Annie will be fine. Diana will keep her safe...

And...

I don't want to stick around for Diana to question me on how Annabeth and I know each other.

"Nope!" Artemis tackled me, grinning. "You are staying, you know we both want to watch that marathon tonight."

I laughed and pulled away. "Fine, but only if they promise not to attack me."

Before any of them could answer, Dians entered the room staring at me, tears falling down her face. But...I...

I think it's her being happy cause Annie's alive.

"I'm...I'm sorry...she-" She sobbed. "She didn't make it."

Welp I got homework

And I

Am

Running away as fast as I can right now

*distant voice*

Please don't hurt me

*even more distant voice*

See yah