26

I sighed slightly, taking my hair out of its pony tail. "Percy? Are you here honey?"

She opened her door and stared at me, her eyes red.

Pressing my lips together I pulled her into a hug. She wrapped her arms around me, not saying a word.

"You feeling okay?" I mumbled. "Nightmare?"

"I feel like schist." She groaned, more of her weight being supported by me.

"Come on, let's get you out to the living room." I picked her up and carried her to the couch before laying her down.

"What's wrong with her?" Mr J walked in from the kitchen, wiping his hands on his shirt.

"Dad..." Percy mumbled, reaching for him.

He sat on the edge of the couch, placing a hand on her forehead. Then he frowned, his scars keeping a smile on his face though.

"Fever."

My eyebrows drew together in confusion. "She's almost never been sick...aside from the few times she's had seafood."

"So how is she sick?" He sighed, brushing some of her hair away from her face.

"I think I might know." A somewhat familiar voice drifted from the doorway.

"Hello Poseidon." I smiled at him, which soon changed to me staring at him. "Explain."

"Oil spill. Normally I do my best to shield her from any negative effects, but after everything that's happened..." He shook his head. "I haven't been able to. It's like she's purposely keeping me from helping her."

"Do you think you could try?" I questioned.

He slowly shook his head. "The damage has already been done. The best I could do would be to take her to my palace and hope that helps with what will happen."

I narrowed my eyes. "What will happen?"

My daughter's biological father sighed, his hand shaking. "Nothing good. This is affecting me. I don't want to know how hard it will actually hit her."

I thought he looked pale.

Percy groaned again, shifting in Mr J's arms.

"Will it help her?" He looked at Poseidon.

"Hopefully. It's not a sure thing, but I can watch over her."

"I'm not sure..." I crossed my arms.

Poseidon stared at me. "Please let me take care of my daughter."

Biting my lip I gently took Percy from Mr J before transferring her to Poseidon.

Poseidon

I shifted my daughter so her head was resting on my shoulder.

"I'll bring her back once she's feeling better." I said, looking between her adoptive parents.

"Okay, just keep her safe."

I nodded before disappearing in a spray of mist, soon solidifying in Percy's room in my palace.

"Dad?" She mumbled as I laid her down.

"Yes?" I pulled a blanket up over her before tucking it around her.

"Why don't I feel good?" She grabbed my hand, which really made me worried. The only times she's really let me touch her...

"There was a really bad oil spill." I gently squeezed her hand. "Trust me, you're going to feel worse."

"How much worse?" She whispered, pain already visible in her eyes.

I swallowed. I can't...I can't tell her bad it gets. I can't tell her that it makes me wish I could actually die.

"It shouldn't be too bad." I lied to her, ignoring the sharp pain that shot through my body.

She however couldn't and she convulsed as it hit her. I gently held her down against the bed, waiting until the pain had passed to release her.

Tears fell down her face and she weakly glared at me. "Really?"

I opened my mouth to respond but another wave of pain came and I had to clench my teeth to keep from screaming.

I could only watch as Percy buried her face in her pillow, muffling her scream.

The bad thing is, this isn't the half of it.

And based off the scale of this oil spill... it's going to be bad.

"I try to keep you from having to deal with this. But, this time...I couldn't. You weren't letting me." I whispered.

She slowly sat up and leaned against me, shaking hard.

I rested a hand on the back of her head, running my fingers through her gradiated hair.

"I'm sorry."

She grabbed onto my shirt, her knuckles white. "Everything hurts." She whimpered.

"I know, believe me I know." I gently rocked back and forth trying to ease her pain, not really caring that it hurt me.

Actually...

I laid her back down on her bed. "Get some sleep, it doesn't hurt as much when you're asleep."

She simply stared at me before nodding.

I slowly got up and walked towards the door.

"Dad?"

"Hm?"

"How long does this usually last?"

I sighed. "Let's hope it ends quickly."

I shut the door behind me before making it back to my room. Once inside I started shaking, now able to deal with it without making Percy worry too much.

"Are you okay?" Amphitrite swam over and wrapped her arms around me.

"It hurts." I rested my chin on her head.

She ran her fingers through my hair.

"Sometimes I wish I had to deal with this too, but then it actually happens and I'm glad I don't."

"Believe-" I cut off, a scream echoing through the palace.

"I take it you didn't manage to protect her from this?"

I slowly nodded. "If anything, knowing that I could have prevented her from dealing with this hurts more."

My poor daughter...

Two updates in a row (technically)

Again if it doesn't have an An just tell me that it doesn't

*Sigh*

See yah