13

I sighed and sat on the ledge of a building.

I know it's a trap.

So why am I feeling so nervous about this?

"Jester."

I looked over my shoulder and saw Arty. "Hey. Just you? Or are the others waiting to ambush me?"

"Just me." She answered way too quickly. "I mean why would I bring anybody with me?"

I snorted and looked back over the city. "You were never good at lying."

"They aren't here. Three streets south. Waiting for me to draw you in." She sat next to me.

I still need to act like I don't know the plan.

We sat in silence for a while.

"Do you ever...miss it?"

"What? The whole villain thing? Nope. I can actually-"

"Let me rephrase that. Do you think, if your dad was different or if he had taken the fall...do you think that you'd still be doing this?"

She hesitated. "I don't know probably?" Then she sighed. "You know you don't have to do this right?"

"You keep telling me that. This is my choice Arty. Dad and Mom gave me the option. Said if I didn't want to do it...that I didn't have to."

I bit my lip. "I don't regret it. Aside from that time Bane kidnapped me. But that would have happened either way so..."

"They're good people. My friends I mean. Even if Kid Mouth can be annoying."

I reached over and grabbed her hand.

She gently squeezed it.

"Give it a chance. You might like it."

I chuckled softly.

I am a hero.

And I wish I was normal.

Um...you know what I mean.

"I'm surprised you still let me touch you." She said softly.

I smiled. "Arty, that was during training. And besides, you didn't kill me. You almost did but I'm still alive."

"You didn't feel like that with Cameron."

"To be fair that wasn't training. And a word of advice, never comfort an ice powered child after a nightmare. You could get hypothermia, pneumonia, frostbite or something like that."

She sighed. "At least come with me."

"Fine."

She lead me...

Wait a minute.

A birdarang was thrown at me and I whipped out a switchblade, deflecting it.

"Your dad finally upgrade you to knives?" Kid Flash questioned.

"Speaking of him, I'm surprised he isn't in the shadows."

I snorted. "That's your thing Bats."

Thus is not the plan.

This is nowhere near the plan I gave them. Which is kinda to be expected but Diana trusts me.

But it was only supposed to be the Kiddie League. Not the actual League.

Er...Bats, Diana, Martian Manhunter, and...Orin.

Not sure who I'm more worried about honestly.

Diana touched down. "Please, do not do this. Or we will have no choice."