11

"Come on!"

"You know not all of us can fly right?!"

"Well get Blackjack or somebody to pick you up."

I sighed. "Fine." I whistled.

Hey Boss. How's it going?

"Pretty good. And stop calling me Boss."

Sure thing Boss.

Diana chuckled. "Hey Blackjack."

Diana! You owe me donuts!

"Yeah. Guess I do."

You know, I really like that she can understand animals.

Most of the time. It's so hard to have a private conversation with a pegasus with her around.

"Um...what for?" I climbed onto Blackjack, and then he took off.

We had a bet. I bet that you were alive. She thought you were dead.

"Do you have any faith in me at all?"

"Well, statistically you should be dead. The odds of a Big Three child making it past thirteen outside of camp, add on all the quests and the war...you have a lot of monsters after you okay?"

"Um. What are we doing anyway?"

"I thought you knew."

"Dude, you were literally the person to ask me to come hang out with no other reason. Why in Hades would I know?"

She shrugged. "Well there's this villain named Jester. She kinda... remember how I said earlier that all the sidekicks kinda teamed up?"

"Yeah." Okay. She doesn't know that I'm Jester. That's good.

To be honest...I don't know what anybody would think.

I mean, I'm a hero. I've fought to save the world.

And then I'm a villain.

Literally the daughter of one of the most sadistic, psychopathic criminals out there.

At least the news says that. Dad's never hurt me. And he doesn't really hurt Mom.

Unless he has to pull a knife or a bullet or something out.

Or even sometimes during fights with Bats to get him after him instead of her.

Which I mean, it's never anything serious. Oh and do you have any idea how many times they've pulled the bullet proof vest with fake blood on him?

And the sad thing is it works every-

"Are you even paying attention?"

"What? Sorry. ADHD. Which you know."

Basically this villain chick broke into the place, argued with the other kids. Wonder Woman here used her lasso but the chick told a basic truth to get around actually answering.

"Um...thanks buddy."

You owe me donuts now too Boss.

"I'll get you some."

That's what you said last time. And the time before that. And before that. And guess what? The time before that too. And I still haven't gotten my donuts.

"I know I know. But in my defense I was planning on getting those over winter break and, what are we doing?"

"I wanted you to come talk with the Team and try to figure out a way to capture Jester."