31

"Jester?" I slowly opened Percy's door, giving her time to respond.

When I saw her curled up on her bed, I frowned. She doesn't even have her sunglasses on.

I walked over and sat down, gently placing a hand on forehead.

"Fever." Mumbling to myself, I moved Percy so I could pull all her blankets up over her.

Then I walked out to the kitchen to make her some soup. Wally said chicken noodle soup is the best when someone is sick.

As the broth boiled, I pulled it off and poured it into a soup mug.

After turning the stove top off, I carried the soup to Percy's room.

"Jester." I gently shook her.

She groaned and her eyes cracked open enough to look up at me.

"I made you some soup." I showed her the mug expecting her to take it.

"Not...hungry." She managed.

I sighed and sat it down. But I didn't move from the bed.

Instead I laid down beside Percy, keeping a few inches between us. I don't want to create the possibility of this becoming worse on my part.

However, Percy moved closer to me and tossed a leg over mine.

"Cuddle..." She mumbled into my chest.

"Only if you eat some of this." I responded gently, hesitantly running my fingers through her silky hair.

"Fine..."

Getting up, I helped her sit before handing her the mug.

Percy slowly ate about maybe a half of the soup before handing it back to me.

"Cuddle." Staring at me, her eyes seemed to drill right into my soul before she laid down.

I sat the mug down and laid down beside her. Honestly...

I wrapped an arm around her, pulling her to my chest. Once again she kicked her leg over mine, her ragged breathing hitting against my neck.

I suppose I should be worried about falling ill, but my immune system is much stronger than normal humans.

"Can I get you anything?" Mumbling, I pressed a light kiss to her hair.

"No." She shifted slightly, arms wrapping around herself.

Her body trembled and she buried her face in my chest, a choked scream being muffled.

My eyes widened and my arm automatically tightened around her.

"It hurts, it hurts..." She mumbled repeatedly, to the point where I almost didn't notice it was spoken in Atlantean.

"Where does it hurt?" I sat up slightly.

Tears fell from behind her closed lids and she sobbed. "Everywhere."

I couldn't do anything to help her, when I tried to go get her medicine she simply grabbed ahold of me.

"Kaldur..." She eventually whispered.

"Yes?" I looked down at her.

"I...I don't think we should do this...date I mean..."

Frowning, I ran my hand over her hair. "Why?"

"I...I don't know how much longer I'll be alive. I've already lived longer than I thought I was-" She was interrupted by a coughing fit. "Going to."

I didn't ask why she thinks she is to die young. It's none of my buisness.

"And I don't...I don't want you to get hurt." She added softly.

I raised an eyebrow at that. "I am more than capable of defending myself."

"So were my friends." Her voice was hard and filled with venom. If it is aimed towards these 'friends' of hers or whatever circumstances they find themselves in, I cannot tell.

"Percy..." I kept my voice low, gently picking her up. "I will be fine."

"You...you don't understand. You can't possibly understand." She laughed, a wide grin spreading over her face. "Everytime someone gets close to me, they die. That's why...I don't close to people. My friend was the one who texted you and he set the ball rolling and-" She groaned.

Sitting her back on the bed, I sat on the dresser watching as she rubbed her eyes.

"He said it would be good for me and I need some sort of relationship and blah blah blah. And now I'm stuck being close to you and Rob and..."

"Percy, we can take care of ourselves. You just need to worry about getting better. I will be in my room if you need anything."

Percy

As the door shut behind Kaldur, I could feel tears trail down my face.

I...I don't want Dick to get hurt...or even Bruce...and definitely not Kaldur.

Arty and Cam and Jade...oh gods.

"Don't cry." Dad was suddenly sitting on my bed. "I don't know why you're crying but it's probably not worth the tears."

I managed a small chuckle. "Trust me...it is." Then I sighed. "Dad?"

"Hm?"

"Can I ask you for a favor?" Glancing up, I saw the curiosity on his face.

"Sure."

"Can...can you make Bruce and Dick and Kaldur forget about me?"

I'm not willing to give up the other three.

A frown crossed his face. "May I ask why?"

"They're going to get hurt. Or die...or something! I...I don't think I'd be able to take it. It's already hard enough but if something happened to them-" I cut off, wrapping my arms tightly around myself.

Almost instantly, Dad had pulled me to his chest. "Are you feeling better?"

"It's not as bad...Still feel like crap but it's manageable crap." Mumbling, I moved my arms to wrap around him.

He hummed. "I sent some people to help. But...are you sure you want them to forget completely about you?"

"Just us being related or friends. Like make Bruce forget about me as in his niece, Dick make forget about us being friends and same with Kaldur. Please..."

"I'll do this for you Percy, you deserve it."

Woooooooooooo!

Guess who has....

English homework they actually can't do except for twenty minutes before class

Government homework and Chemistry homework?!

*wait...was that Algebra stuff homework...no...was it?*

Anyway...

Don't forget to vote for my next book!

Right now it's sorta like

Spidey- in the lead I think

Hogwarts- second??? I think???

Guardian of the hunt- pretty sure this is in last

Requested books- none

I'm just too lazy to get up and check comments so...

Just go with it I guess. I'll try to work on another chapter tonight.

ALSO IT WAS SIXTY DEGREES OUTSIDE IN JANUARY

WHAT THE ACTUAL HECK OHIO

Ahem

See yah