|Chapter 1|

|Emery|

"My name is emery"

"Hi emery"everybody said in the basement of house. The voices into my head as closes my eyes.

"I'm 20 years old and I'm addict"

"Addict to what emery?"the counselor ask.

"Addict to alcohol"I said looking at my shoes that came from the goodwill.

"Okay emery. Do you like drinking?"the counselor ask. I stared into his emerald eyes. His blond hair touch his shoulder. His lips was small to me and his nose look like pinocchio. "Emery?"

"No, I only do it when I'm mad or sad"I said.

"Mad or sad huh"he wrote down something in his book. "Can you tell everyone why you drink. Tell the truth"

"I drink because......"I stop looking at the window. My mom was starring at me waiting for me to say why I drink. "Because I want to escape. I want to kill myself sometimes"

"Thank you emery"the counselor smiled. "Anyone else want to share?"

No one didnt raise their hands. Probably scared. I look at everyone who was looking down or looking everywhere else. This ain't fair. Why the hell I had to tell my story but he didn't even pick nobody to tell their story.

"Alright, no more shares for today"he stood up from his seat and walk to the stairs. I stayed seated while everyone got up from their seats to leave.

"Emery, let's go"I heard my mom voice. Her shoes click clack against the floor as she walk out the door. I got up from my chair and walk to the door as well.

Stepping into the weather felt good. I was tired of sitting that place. Time for a drink.

|Later|

I step into the bar with my messanger bag around my shoulder. This was a new bar that I knew of in Baltimore.

Half the people down here don't care how old you are to drink. They just want the money. 

"Hi emery"the bar tender waved at me. That's Gregg. He is like my best friend. Gregg is a African American male. He 25 years old and handsome.

"Hi gregg"I wave back.

"What you need? The uusual"he smile.

"Yes, me,hennessey and you"I laugh. He took out a Hennessey bottle and a glass. He pour it in and gave  it to me. "Thanks Gregg"

"Emery, you might want to slow down in your drinking. You didn't come in mad nor sad, so why you drinking?"

"Earlier today, I had to go to this group meeting thing for my counselin class"I said.

"Okay, what happened next?"

"He wanted me to go up first and I did but he didn't make the other people go which is weird"

"Maybe they are to scared"Gregg said.

"Fuck being scared"I scoff. "I been scared my whole life"

"Don't say that emery. You had a perfect life"Gregg said.

"Refill me"I held the cup up.

"Emery, do this for me. This my last time giving you this Hennessey"Gregg said.

"Whatever you asshole"I can tell the henny was kicking it.

This what i been waiting for  all damn day.

_________________

Emery

New Dave East book

New Dave East book.

Tell me if y'all like it, if you dont i will delete this one.