|Chapter 39|

|Dave|

"Do you even love your daughter?"I ask emelia. She look at me with sad eyes as she kept crying.

"Dave, you don't understand"emelia said.

"What I don't understand?"I ask.

"Wayne been feeding negative shit to Emery ever since she was little girl. He would always turn her against me when I even bring up money problems"

"Look we talk about Emery later. Tell me about Wayne"I said.

"Wayne been lying all these years to me. He have the money cause he been buying some things that we don't even need like a hot tub in his man cave, new big flat screen tv's, a new Samsung fridge"

"Samsung fridge?"I ask.

"You never seen them. They like these technology fridge that is connected to your phone"emelia said. "He will take the money and spend it at clubs, taking women to hotels having sex with them at night. I remember after taking Emery to her little therapie class, she went out and drink. She didn't come back till 12 in the morning. I thought it was Wayne but he didn't come back at all till 5 in the morning"She cried.

"See, he been taking my fucking money and spending it on shit"nasir said getting all mad again.

"Emery, he been lying to her too. Telling her every night that the IRS is taking his money and you guys chasing after him. Every time she wanted something he will tell her that story and she will believe every word"

I can't believe she lied to me. "Dave"emelia touch my hand. "Do you really like Emery?"

"I mean yeah but she lied in my face. I understand she wants to protect her father"

"Protect? Of course she does but she doesn't know that he was lying to her the whole time"emelia said. "So talk to her and tell her yourself"

"What about you?"I ask.

"I'm just tired of it all. I will have your million dollars nasir"

"You will have it? I want his ass to have it"nasir said.

"I have his check book and information. I can get it"emelia said.

"Where is Emery?"i ask nasir.

"Brittany have her"

"Brittany?"me and emelia said in unison.

Why the hell is Brittany down here?