|Chapter 28|

|Emery|

We made it to Baltimore

We made it to Baltimore. I'm so excited to see my parents. I want Dave to see how nice my parents are. Plus we get to explain why I ran away. Well lie and tell them I ran away.

"You happy?"Dave ask me. I nod my head while looking at the city lights and people walking around. I miss my home town. "Looks lively"

"It is"I smiled at him.

"Mhmm, not like New York"Dave said. I know what he trying to make me do. He want to start a damn argument.

"Oh really"I look at him with a mean mug. "What's so good about New Yok?"

"Girl. Have you done lost your mind?"he laughed.

"Yeah I did"I said.

"New York have the best food, best baseball games, best basketball games, football. Every thing"

"Seriously"I sigh. I can't even argue with that. They do have to the best everything.

"That's what I thought"he laugh. I shook my head at him then turn back to the window. Finally we pulled up to my parents house. "So much memories"

"Don't start"I said.

"Sorry"we hop out the car slowly then walk to the door. I'm a bit scared on seeing them. What if they don't want to see me when I tell them why I ran away. "Knock girl"

I knock on the door and waited on my mom or dad to answer. Dave grab my hand which is weird. I look at him and smirk a bit. Just then the door open revealing my mother. She didn't look good at all. She looked so warn out and tired. Also had a frown on her face but that all change.

She stared at me for a while then look at Dave. She didn't say anything or couldn't say anything. "Ohh"was all she said. "Is this a dream?"

"No momma"I grab her hand. "It's me, Emery"I smiled.

"E-Emery"she cried. She hug me so tight I couldn't even breath. I miss her too. "God, I miss you so much"she cried.

"Me too momma"I cried. Dave was still at the door looking at us.

"Who is this?"my mom ask as she let go of me.

"Momma, this is Dave"I said.

"You found my daughter?"she ask shock. "Thank you so much. Lord Jesus bless him"she hug Dave.

"No, momma"I stop and try to think of what to say. Just then my father came in the house looking at me wide eyed.

"Emery"he smiled then ran up to me hugging me tight like my momma. "Oh god I miss you so much baby girl"he cried. My mom came up to us and hug both of us.

"I miss y'all too"I sniffle.

"Where did you go?"my dad ask.

"I ran away"I said. "Went to New York to see him and fell in love"I lied.

My dad look at dave and nod his head. "Mhmmm"

"Dad this is Dave. My boyfriend"I lied.

"Where did y'all meet?"my dad ask.

"At a bar"Dave said. "I help Emery out the bar one day and for some reason she wanted to exchange numbers and talk to me"Dave chuckle.

"How old are you?"my dad ask.

"25"Dave said.

"She's 20 years old"my dad said.

"No, actually 21 years old"My mom said. "We have to celebrate"

"And go where emelia?"my dad ask my mom.

"To her favorite restaurant Wayne"my mom said. Dave tense up a bit and cough. "You okay?"my mom ask.

"Yeah, where's the bathroom?"Dave ask.

"Down the hall that way"my mom pointed. Dave nod his head and walk towards the bathroom.

"I don't like him"my dad said.

"Well deal with it cause I ain't letting go of that one"I said.

"When does he leave?"my dad ask.

"We don't know ye....."

"What you talking about we? You staying here with us"my dad said.

"Dad this is why I left in the first place. You and mom don't care about what I want"I said. "I ain't a damn princess anymore daddy, you have to let me go"

"Wayne"my mom said.

"Emery you don't understand. I'm in trouble with this man"he talking about nas. "I can't let you leave again till this shit is over with. I'm close on giving him his money, just need to find a way"

I feel bad for my dad. I feel like I want to kill nasir myself.

___________________

(Emelia)
(Emery mom)

(Emelia)(Emery mom)

(Wayne)
(Emery dad)

(Wayne)(Emery dad)