Prologue

This is a work of Fiction. No part of this can be scanned , copied , printed or transmitted by any means without the prior permission from me(writer). If I come across any such instance, I will not refrain in taking the necessary  action.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

''No , she isn't mine but my mother's choice.'' Tarun said taking a puff , staring at the setting sun. This was the first time he had bought Kajal out to meet his friends. They were holidaying in Goa in a group, with friends and spouses. Simple brown skinned Kajal came as a shock for Tarun's friends. They couldn't accept the simple Kajal as their heartthrob friend's wife.

''I thought so. But why did you agree, its about your whole life.'' Sejal interjected making a face at the thought of the girl they just met. She had always had a soft corner for Tarun, but he never saw her more than a friend. Sejal couldn't bring herself to marry someone else.

''Don't be so hard. She is a nice girl.'' Tarun said trying to divert the topic, he hated talking behind the back.

''Nice doesn't work Tarun, its the world of awesome.'' Zenab added. Tarun closed his eyes, he had always been seen with the best and now his friends words were making him feel guilty for dragging Kajal in the mess. Yes, he didn't like her and wanted to refuse but his mother coxed him into the relationship. Kajal was a good girl, but not good enough for him. She wasn't his dream girl

***

Kajal stood shocked, pained hearing the unkind words of the people her husband of a month called friends. She stood with her back plastered to the pillar, her body shaking in betrayal. She was enraged, hadn't she asked Tarun 100 times before the wedding about his preference . From the day they had met, she had been skeptical about marrying him. She wasn't ugly but he was something out of those fashion magazines. It had come as a shock when he had said yes to the proposal. She couldn't believe and decided to be sure. It was till the day of wedding she kept asking him the same question; 'Please back off now if you have issues with this relationship.'

He refused brushing her concerns off, going ahead with the wedding and now he is going all victim in presence of his friends. She wiped her cheeks , she wasn't a damsel in distress. Though she had no complains regarding Tarun's behavior, she wasn't ready to put up with a man incapable of standing for himself. He had no right to spoil her dreams for the love of his mother.

With her mind made up she made her way to her suite, ''Kajal, where have you been. All have been waiting for you to join.'' Praveen, Tarun's only buddy who seemed genuine to Kajal, but now she wasn't ready to trust him too.

''Will you give Tarun a message?'' She asked he nodded, with a sigh she added, ''Please inform him, I am leaving for my home right away. There is no need for him to worry. I will be out of his life before he blinks the next time.'' Leaving a shocked Praveen , she walked off. Rejection never pained, but being a forced option pierced her heart....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------