Chapter-21

''Congratulations Tarun ! Your performance in UK had got good reviews. '' Tarun got warm welcome by his team for getting them an extra project. He Manger patted Tarun's back, ''I guess, I will be giving you more onsite projects.'' Tarun just nodded as he didn't wanted to offend his boss but in his heart he was scared to go again. He had gone through hell realising that he had almost lost Kajal, he had developed a strange superstition that if he leave, his marriage would break.

''Where are you lost? I could make out, you don't want any onsite project.'' Praveen asked wrapping an arm around Tarun's shoulder.

''I don't know how to put my confusion in words. I feel if I go far , I will lose my only chance with Kajal''

Praveen stared at Tarun as if he was an alien from Pluto, ''What do you feel for her?''

''I don't want to lose this relationship.''

'Praveen shook his head, ''Let's keep this relationship thing aside. Forget you are into one, just concentrate on Kajal. What is that you feel for her?''

Tarun turned silent, staring at the unknown he tried figuring out his feelings. He needed to give words to the same but failed miserably. Praveen understood, rather giving words to his friend's feelings he decided to use reverse psychology on him. Shaking his head in disappointment he stood opposite to Tarun matching his gaze, ''If you don't know what you feel for her, just let her go. This is an injustice to a wonderful girl like her to stay in this loveless relationship.''

''Are you in love with Preeti?'' Tarun shot back

Praveen blinked, ''What has Preeti to do with this?''

''Just answer !''

''No, but we like each other. Love takes time'' Praveen answered

Tarun smiled, ''Exactly, Love takes time but there is something more important than that Romantic Love''

''And what's that''

''Emotional connect! People claim to be in love madly but fail to connect emotionally. I don't what that between me and her.''

''Are you emotionally connected to Kajal?''

"Yes, I am. I feel her emotions.''

Praveen pressed his lips to subdue the smile, his friend didn't realise he just confessed his heart without even realising. ''Good luck! One day, we will surely have a deep discussion on this emotional connect chapter again.'' Praveen walked off

''Praveen!''

Praveen halted and turned to his friend. Tarun took a step closer, ''I would like a meet that new friend. Can you request Saqib to call him at our regular hang out.

Praveen nodded with smile, Tarun had a different expression on his face. Something like anger, which Praveen hadn't witnessed in years, ''Just don't kill the man.'' Praveen joked to which Tarun just smiled .With that Praveen went back to his work, a deep grin on his face. Tarun was many things but he was honest as well.

***

Kajal was in awe at the books Tarun gifted her, there was so much to read and grasp about designing she wasn't even aware of. The gems section took her attention, she had always been fascinated with colored stones , and the now having learned more about the beauty they could add to jewellery made her brain run.

She pressed her lips recalling Tarun, his actions confused her. At times it felt that his feelings were growing deep , next moment it appeared that he was just buying time keeping her hanging no where. She huffed disappointed, turning over to the shining cover she caressed it lovingly as if caressing him, 'I wish you could conclude what actually is between us.'