Chapter-28

''Are you two planning to leave the bed today?'' Sheela asked knocking Kajal's room door. It had been half past 9 in the morning and the couple hadn't stepped out yet.

Tarun stirred and Kajal who had been sleeping peacefully with her head on Tarun's chest stretched her arm. As her mother's words started sinking in, they both jumped up. ''Shit, I am late.'' Tarun got out the bed a little embarrassed . Kajal pressed her lips, last night he held like there was no tomorrow and now he got nervous with his mother's little teasing.

She slowly stepped out of the bed, walked to him and pecked his cheek, ''Good morning!''

He smiled and returned it with one on her forehead, ''Will mom tease us?'' He  asked nervous.

She smiled staring at his worried face, ''She will, just don't react. If you do, she won't give up.'' She replied and watched his nervousness grow. For some time she enjoyed his discomfort , as he kept fumbling with things. Her heart couldn't trouble him more, she huffed, ''Tarun, I am with you, calm down.'' And he did immediately. It surprised Kajal how they understood and trusted each other after so many hiccups. She thought if it was love.

The thought of Love took her back to Robin, her mood turning bitter. Tarun noticed the sudden silence, ''Hey, what's wrong?''

''Was thinking about yesterday. I don't know how he caught hold of my phone. I thought, I left it at home but when office boy retuned it to me and I checked the sim, I realised it was his work.'' She shared her heart

''About how, you have a bad habit of leaving your hand bag unzipped and often unattended. About him, I would suggest you take your decision.'' Tarun replied

"I am not going to work with him ever again. If Enchanted wants me, they will have to see to it that Robin doesn't cross my path.'' She made her decision clear.

''Can I ask you something but don't thrash me.'' He said to lighten the matter. She nodded with a roll of her eyes, ''You are married to a man who hurt you, and you had the option of a man who loved you madly. Why didn't you chose him?''

Kajal looked at Tarun for a little longer, ''Because I wanted a man whom I could keep terrified for life.'' And then she laughed. He watched her laughing with adoration. Cupping her one cheek with his palm he pressed his lips on to the other a little harder awakening every fibre of Kajal's body. Her  laughter died as she blushed profusely, he smiled victoriously, ''I now know how to shut you.'' She decided to stay quiet.

The couple got teased by Sheela on the breakfast table with Kajal trying all to make her mother stop. Tarun gave Kajal a thumbs down look which she answered stomping his foot.

He took his leave greeting his inlaws and winking at his wife. Sheela cleared her throat and Kajal decided to scold Tarun later for providing her mother a chance to tease her.

***

Tarun couldn't wait for his day to end. He had a big smile stretched over his lips recalling their small moments. He was worried about her too, the incident a day before had left him disturbed too. Robin's act of stealing her phone had left Tarun disturbed , this could have been dangerous. What if Robin had plans to abduct her? What if he was just waiting for to step out? Tarun wasn't comfortable about Kajal working with Robin but he didn't wanted to interfere as it was her passion.

He kept thinking while browsing randomly. Something caught his eyes and he smiled. He quickly located Praveen, interrupted his discussion with another colleague and dragged him into a corner, ''Now what?'' Praveen asked

''You have cousin who is software developer and enjoys doing freelancing work. Well I have a project for him.'' Tarun had  Praveen's  attention. Tarun enthusiastically briefed what he was planning and Praveen started smiling, ''Isn't it great idea?'' Tarun asked