Chapter-18

Tarun sat in the lounge waiting for the boarding announcement, his eyes on his phone. He was contemplating about calling Kajal before boarding. The dinner date a day before had left him all the way more disturbed. He had enjoyed talking and teasing her, he realised he enjoyed riling her up. His heart thumbed at the fire in her brown orbs. 

He sighed recalling her smile, she looked beautiful yesterday night in that knee length yellow sleeveless dress. Like always she had kept her makeup minimal and her dark tresses lose. He smiled, she was the girl he had not found attractive before wedding and now it was just her who synonyme the word for him. She had agreed to dance with him and they had danced for long lost in each other, it was the manager who broke their bubble. She had pecked the corner of his lips when he had gone to drop her home, he just couldn't let her go.

''Its late Tarun, you should go. You have to pack.'' She said, her words not supporting her eyes. He was holding her close, his forehead leaned against hers. He just didn't wanted to let her go, ''I am sorry if this is annoying you but I don't know what's making me do this.''

''You are not annoying me Traun.''

''Then why do you ask me to leave.'' He whispered

''You have to travel tomorrow, you should get some rest.''

''My mind is at unrest, what rest I could get now.''

She cupped his cheek, ''Its just a month, it will fly away in a blink.''

''Then come with me.'' He didn't know why he said that, in that moment it just felt right.  She stared at him and then threw her arms around his neck, ''Tarun, I want you to think on what you feel and I will be waiting for your answer. may be next time , we go together for your project.'' 

The announcement bought him back to present,Tarun leaned back, his eyes on the ceiling. Past moment started playing in his mind, their first meet. Her cold attitude, the small tiff at the night and then her refusal. he closed his eyes and hers opened behind his closed ones. He perfect smile, her confidence. He smiled, just then the boarding announcement was being made.  Picking his laptop bag he made his way to the boarding gate, typing a message for his wife.

After the Pre-flight security demonstration, the flight took off. Tarun leaned back on his seat closing his eyes, his mind moving to Kajal again.  Suddenly his eyes flew open, his heart thumped. He had been questioning himself for long about why he married Kajal and not Sejal, he, realised he had always preferred Kajal. Something about her intrigued him, he looked out. It was dark . They somewhere in the middle of clouds, he  now desperately wanted to be back. He cursed himself for taking up the project. He made up his mind to call kajal first thing after landing

***

Moments spend with Tarun didn't allow Kajal to sleep, like him she too had twisted and turned on her bed whole night. She knew she was going to miss him. She picked her phone, there was a message from him, 'Boarding now, please wait for me.'  She smiled, she was going to even if he wouldn't ask. She had to submit her second set of designs, and she was thankful that the day was going to be busy, or else she would have lost her senses thinking about Tarun.

Quickly freshening up, she dressed up , picked her bag and made her way out of the house. She entered the the ravishing building of Enchanted, her second set was inspired from the range of folklore. It had a fusion of modern and regional patterns. She greeted the known faces with a smile moving towards the Robin's cabin. 

Her feet halted when she heard a celebrating crowd, curious she moved towards the celebrating group. Robin too stodd their clapping, ''What 's happening?''