Chapter-23

''So you don't want your kids to be divorced?'' The two lawyers looked surprise at the request from the parents of respective clients.

''yes, and we need your help on the same.'' Jatin replied

''Its not our job to help, if you don't want them separated talk to them. Why should we sabotage our work for that.''

''because we ask you too, and all you are worried about is fees. We never said we aren't paying you.'' Devyani replied a little miffed.

''Do you take us to be money launders?'' Tarun's lawyer felt insulted

''Did we say that? It's you guys who are projecting yourself to be one. All matters in the fees as you invested your time and we are ready to pay extra, what more do you want?'' Arun said.

The lawyers were quiet for sometime, ''What do you want us to do?''

''get us six months, make it compulsory for the couple to live together for 6 months, rest leave on us.'' Jatin said

''They have filed for divorce on compatibility issues. They haven't thrown any blames at each other or asked for any money. Such cases get over in a hearing when couples are clear on their stand about getting separated.'' Kajal's lawyer replied

''I know, but can you request the judge in person to grant this request.'' The lawyers thought and agreed. The parents left the place all happy, they were sure that this would bring a positive change in the relationship of Kajal and Tarun.

***

Kajal was no longer her real self. She had lost interest in everything. She just did carried on with activities to look normal, in reality she regretted lashing out at Tarun. The last hope of reconciliation got crushed due her one mistake.

The sound of phone took her attention, the call was from Tia. Kajal turned the phone on mute dumping it in one corner. ''If you think not answering my call will let you escape, you are wrong.'' Tia said barging in her room.

''I want to be alone.''

''That's what you are going to be, after the last hearing.'' Tia replied angry. ''What made you go ballistic on that man Kajal? He really is a nice guy, if he wasn't working on bringing you back , why would he bother to alert you on Robin?''

''I know! I know all you are telling me and I know I made a mistake but just once be in my shoes. I am married yet single. I got to know that I wasn't my husband's choice when I had started harbouring feelings for him. I was desperate to know what his heart held for me and my desperation got me into this.'' Kajal curled her body hiding her face in her palms.

Tia hugged her shaking form, ''It's still time, tell him you want to work on your relationship.''

''No, not now because he doesn't want to reconcile . May be he has  the answer of my question, something which would break my heart and this is why he decided to part ways.'' Kajal concluded.

'' 'May be' .. 'this is why' and 'this could be' are just assumptions Kajal. We spoil her best moments because theses silly hypothesis running in our heads. Speak to him!'' Tia suggested

''No, it's over. And Now I want to get over with it and soon, I want to focus on my life now. May be this the best thing for us.'' Kajal concluded, sure that Tarun didn't wanted her in his life. Tia huffed, ''All I wish for you right now is that you get some senses and see that he loves you.'' Tia left after giving Kajal a hug, but her words echoed in her mind. Kajal covered her ears to shut everything out. She just wanted all to get over.

***

It was the day of the hearing and Kajal felt too difficult to move. Her body and mind felt fatigued and broken. She still dragged herself and decided to go alone , rejecting her parents request to accompany her.