Chapter-8

Tarun sat at his desk all worried, his friends had invited him for a weekend trip to Goa with his wife. Spending a weekend in a group wasn't an issue. The problem was his friend's reactions; they had been upset over him rejecting Sejal and decided to ignore his wedding. For time being even he was happy that they did, or they would have questioned them on choosing simple Kajal over beautiful Sejal. He had been relieved that all was over, he had plans to introduce Kajal to all of them one by one , but this sudden invitation has now given him cold feet. He didn't want them to take a dig or comment anything about Kajal.

With a deep sigh, he left his bay walking towards the smoking zone. After days he felt the dire need to have a drag. He was greeted by few smiles, some genuine and other fake ones. The popularity he had was like a thorn to many who believed he didn't deserve it. According to them, He was a product with grate packaging but mediocre contents. Tarun ignored all and stood in a corner lost in his own world. He recalled his bragging about the choice of his partner in past, he had painted a picture of nymph. Someone with extraordinary looks, his shoulder drooped. He could imagine the smug look on his friends faces, their mocking eyes had already started haunting him.

''Hey, I have been looking for you all over the floor.'' Praveen broke Tarun's thoughts giving a pat on his back

''Nothing, just wanted some alone time. Are you coming for Goa.'' Tarun asked

''No! I am not interested in spoiling my weekend over bunch of self obsessed people'' Praveen's reply was laden with distaste

''Praveen, ignore them. Come for me.'' Tarun pleaded but it had no effect on his childhood friend, he huffed, ''Okay come for Kajal. You are the only common person between us, she wouldn't be uncomfortable with you around.'' He hoped that it worked on his friend.

Praveen thought, Kajal was a kind of introvert but definitely not a damsel in distress. The girl had come out very strong every time they interacted. But then knowing the group she had to face, he decided to accompany them, not for Kajal she didn't need him but his attention seeking friend did. He didn't wanted Tarun to commit a mistake which would make him lose a girl like Kajal. With a thought he nodded, Tarun threw his hands up in air hugging his friend tight.

Tarun pressed the door bell practicing the speech to convince Kajal for the weekend trip. She answered the door with a smile on her face, she moved back as he stepped in, turning to gather all her sketches that lay scattered on the table. He watched her dark wavy layered hair dance in synchrony. She was dressed in a t-shirt and tennis shorts, looking fabulous. She turned and found him checking her out. Kajal cleared her throat making him avert his eyes. ''Coffee?'' She asked and he nodded

With a smiled she walked past him making sure their bodies don't brush. Tarun cursed his inability to move, His frozen feet from earth and his eyes from his wife. He was bothered about what she must be thinking of him.

Kajal sucked her cheeks in to suppress the laughter that was ready to escape her throat. Tarun looked as if someone caught him in a wrong act. Not that she mind him staring at her, but she was definitely uncomfortable. She frowned, nervous was the right word, yet a part of her was happy on receiving appreciative glances from her husband. She smiled, may be this was the beginning was their relationship.

She walked out with the mug in her hand and found him sprawled on the couch with an arm over his eyes. She felt bad at his exsuasted state. She watched him for a moment, her husband was indeed a good looking man, a dash of red covered her cheeks realising she too was checking him. She lightly slapped her head and leaned to touch his shoulder. He quickly stood up as if touched by a live wire, she couldn't help but smile watching his nervousness and he couldn't understand that why his mind kept behaving like a puppy.