Chapter-19

Conversation with Kajal had left Tarun restless, he wasn't a fool to realise that something had happened between their last meeting and his travel. He pondered over the different scenarios but couldn't draw a conclusion. He knew , questioning Kajal directly could increase the gap, he decided to take the help of the person he trusted the most.

Praveen, checked his watch, it was about 1:30PM. He decided to go for lunch as he had an upcoming meeting in an hour. His phone buzzed, ''hey Tarun!.''

''Praveen I need your help.'' Tarun's voice was enough to raise alarm in Praveen's head, he asked Tarun to share the details. Praveen heard everything attentively, ''May be she dosen't want to take this further.''

''No Praveen, she promised to wait till I am back. Something else has happened. I don't want to speak to her parents. Tell me what should I do.''

''Why are you telling me all this?'' Praveen asked making Tarun frown

''Because you are friend. Someone, who understands my situation and can advice me correctly.''

''Correct! Now, you will have to get Kajal talk to someone similar like I am for you. Do you know any of her friends?''

Tarun thought, ''Yes, her name is Tia. I don't anything more about her.''

''Can you get me her number?'' Praveen asked

Tarun thought and agreed. Next , he dialled Kajal's father and briefed him about the situation. When Arun offered to speak to Kajal, Tarun politely requested him not to. He didn't wanted her to feel pushed under family pressure. Arun agreed, he gave Tia's number to Tarun wishing him luck.

Praveen walked into a beautiful house, the outer structure was inspired by old Indian architecture, with an extended porch and a huge wooden swing . He smiled looking at the greenery around, the inhabitants were definitely nature lovers. He pressed the door bell, waiting for the door to be answered

''Praveen, hi I am Tia!'' A girl of around 24-25 answered the door. Dressed in a khadi ethnic outfit she looked more like and upcoming political leader. She guided him to a room which looked more like a library come office, ''Please have a seat.''

''You are an avid reader.'' He said staring at the large collection

She smiled, ''I am a researcher in human psychology , finished my masters and now pursuing Doctorate . Have to study a lot.''

Praveen nodded, he briefed Tia on the issue. She looked thoughtful, ''What do you want me to do?''

''You are her best friend. Someone she has known for 2 decades, just get the things out of her . Since you said, you are into human psychology , I am sure it wouldn't be difficult.''

''Praveen, don't mind. But I feel, may be Kajal is feeling burdened with this love less relationship and this is why she calls it a mistake.''

''That's the point. It's not loveless, on the contrary these 2 fools haven't realised their feelings yet. I won't deny that Tarun is at major fault but he is trying otherwise he wouldn't have called me and begged me to see you. They understand each other, it's just that they will have to realise that and soon. I just don't want any of them taking a wrong step.''

Tia thought, ''Fine, I will go and see Kajal soon. If you are right, trust me I will do all in my power to put some sense into her head.'' Praveen thanked her before leaving, his mind still working in every direction. He couldn't conclude the reason for sudden change in Kajal but hoped things turned favourable for her and Tarun. His prayers were genuine and true, and they do get answered. Praveen wasn't aware that soon he would uncover the complete truth.