Chapter Thirty: Re-Enforcements

Policemen were still banging on the front door and shouting. No doubt, they were there for their comrades who had not reported back.

They kicked in the front door and two officers rushed inside. Though, after only a few steps, they found themselves slipping and sliding.

One shone their torch at the floor to see what was so slippery. The second officer-a woman-shrieked at the sight of the mangled pile of indescribable corpses.

The monsters' blood had coated the floor around their bodies in a chunky black slick.

The male officer coughed and gagged at the sight and stench.

Both officers suddenly felt an otherworldly presence and they slowly looked up at the same time.

They gasped when they beheld the beast at the other side of the house.

It wasn't clear what the monster was doing. Its back was to them and it seemed to be doing something.

Together, the officers shone their torches at the behemoth. Its flesh sizzled and began to blister.

But it didn't move.

"Hey!" Shouted the male officer.

The behemoth ignored them. They couldn't get its attention. And they still couldn't tell what it was doing.

Bang! The male officer shot at the behemoth. It howled.

"What are you doing!?" The female officer shouted at her partner.

The behemoth slowly turned to face them. Gleaming crimson liquid dripped from its mouth and gushed out of Rosemary's mangled, lifeless body. Her horror-stricken face, frozen in death.

"Holy shit." The male officer whispered to himself before shouting. "Shoot the fucking thing!"

The two officers unloaded their clips on the monster.

It howled in pain and dropped Rosemary's corpse to the floor in order to shield its face from the barrage of bullets.

As soon as their magazines were empty, the behemoth ran up the entryway. With one large black hand it grabbed the female officer and brought her straight to its mouth.

Its jaws slammed shut on the officer. Bones crunched and snapped as flesh was sliced and shredded in a single bite.

She didn't even have the chance to scream.

The male officer tried to run, but the behemoth snatched his legs out from under him and dragged the officer closer before lifting him up into the air.

The behemoth grasped the officer's torso with its other hand and tore him in two. It then tossed the two halves onto the floor.

Resting back on its hind legs, the behemoth sniffed about the air. Its large, soulless eyes scoured the room-searching.