Two

The North Agency is situated in a big building that looks like nothing from the outside, seeming more like an abandoned place, but once you get inside, your vision changes. If anybody from the outside world would enter the building—although the chances for someone capable of entering are very low—they would not be able to actually find the Agency's headquarters.

The Agency is separated into different sections. The first floor, where there's the entrance, all the computers and screens in one big room, Neil's office and all the technological stuff. The second floor is where there are the more than enough training rooms and a big area where most of the agents usually get ready for a mission, all the equipment and weapons there. This is obviously my favorite part of the Agency.

Another room is reserved for the agents that get injured during their missions, a small version of a hospital.

The third floor is where are the dorm rooms. I still have a room here, but at the age of eighteen, I decided to find my own apartment not so far from the Agency. Neil didn't mind. It was my choice and I had my reasons.

Sometimes, I sleep in my room if I am too exhausted to go back to my apartment. I usually hate these moments. I hate the memories my room brings me.

But anyway, that's a story for later, I guess.

There are more rooms that I pass, like the cafeteria, which is obviously my second favorite part of the quarters, but the North Agency is basically this.

This is my home, really. I always felt isolated from the outside world. The real world. But my life has nothing to do with anyone outside the Agency. I can't help to feel glad sometimes, though. The world is bad, the people are mostly bad, too, and nobody seems to care or to realize until you have to face it.

The North Agency is an agency that trains people of all ages. There are kids, teenagers, and adults. Kids who lost their family, kids who didn't have any home anymore, were brought here to start a new life. To become stronger, and to find what they really want to do. All these kids have something in common and they know it. Then, the kids become teenagers, and slowly, they become adults. Just like me.

Everyone here has a story and is here for a reason. I don't think I've met anyone here who hasn't lost someone, for example.

That's sad. But it's life and just like a bullet, you don't always have time to dodge it.

I'm considering for a moment to stay in my bed all day— something I haven't done in a while now when my phone buzzes on my nightstand.

I roll onto my stomach, grab my phone and stiffen.

Shit

Shit.

Looking at Britt's text, any guilt I would have felt—the old me would have felt four years ago—is gone, and even though it slowly makes the lump in my throat get bigger, I force myself to ignore it.