Epilogue

6 months later

I sit down on the grass beside her, experiencing a moment of déja vu. But this time, everything has changed. I've changed.

Sighing, I take a look at all the tombstones around me. My eyes stop on Brandon, who's leaning against the car with his arms crossed, waiting for me. I smile.

"You see him?" I question out loud, hugging my knees to my chest. "Yeah, he isn't dead. He's very alive. He makes me feel alive."

Pausing, I close my eyes. "I wish you were, too. We arrested... dad. He got what he deserves."

I glance at her tombstone, swallowing. "I wish I knew what you think of me, right now. Did I do the right thing? Am I a good person, mom? Brandon says I am, but he's Brandon."

Shaking my head, I stand up. The wind blows in my face like a caress, and I tuck a few strands of hair behind my ear. I raise my head towards the sky and the bright sun, hoping that she's at peace, now. That she's okay where she is.

Two arms wrap around me from behind, and Brandon rests his chin on my shoulder.

"Are you okay?" he asks, and I take a deep breath, nodding.

"Yeah. I am, now." I turn around and bring my hand to his cheek, my thumb caressing the subtle on his jaw. Brandon's bright blue eyes smile at me.

"We should go soon, or else we'll be late," he says.

"And missing Garry's gala?" I shake my head, sighing dramatically. "Awful."

"I know, we could spend our time more considerably." Brandon winks and kisses my lips.

Rolling my eyes, I smile at him. His expression slowly becomes more serious.

"You'll announce it tonight?"

Letting out a shaky breath, I glance down at my feet. "Yeah. I don't know how he's gonna react."

Brandon raises my chin with his finger and meets my eyes. "You're like a daughter to Garry, Sophia. He wants you to be happy. And if you want a more normal life, so be it."

I slowly nod my head. "And you?"

"I want to be with you," he replies naturally, kissing my forehead. "The rest doesn't really matter."

I tilt my head. "That was smooth."

Brandon smiles, then takes a look at her gravestone. I wrap my arms around him, my cheek against his chest. We stay there for a few more minutes before we head back to the car.

Brandon drives for a good fifteen minutes before we arrive at the place where the gala takes place. I look down at my short black dress and heels, then climb out of the car when Brandon opens my door, offering me his arm. His tuxedo is all black as well and fits him perfectly.

We start walking towards the event, talking about the recent rumors of Britt and Andrew dating. I make a face and shake my head. I never expected this. I'll have to ask her myself if they're really a thing, but if she's happy, then I am.

"Sophia!"

Frowning, I turn around. A woman with brown curly hair and green eyes approaches me, smiling. It doesn't take long for me to recognize her.