Three

I lean against the cold surface of the table behind me, crossing my arms. A picture of a well-looking man appears on the screen in front of me, with the information written just beside the picture. Name, age, description. Everything we need to know.

Mr. Neil steps forward, turning to face Andrew and I, currently waiting to know what our mission will be.

"See that man? His name is Daniel Hudson, a wealthy businessman that had too many mistresses in the last five years." Garry shakes his head and I let out a scoff.

Daniel Hudson is fifty-five years old and is currently married to Caroline Hudson. The woman looks like plastic surgeries are all she's known for the past couple of years while Mr. Hudson looks like he's been an attractive man in his young years, having all the girls waiting at his door. He has deep green eyes with dark but salty hair curling on top. With strong features and dark skin caused by probably a lot of sun over the years, it is hard to tell if he still works his way with women.

Apparently, he does.

"Anyway, he's organizing a Masquerade Ball tonight for a charity cause."

I raise my eyebrows. "So what do we have to do? Kill him? Hurt him? Who is he, really?"

Mr. Neil smiles, walking in front of the screen.

"No, none of these things, Agent Montgomery," Garry says, shaking his head. "He's not the real enemy here. We have reasons to believe that a group of people will go there tonight to kill him. Your mission is not only to protect Mr. Hudson, but to find them and figure out if that's what they really are planning, and eventually, stop them."

I take a deep breath. Well, okay.

I nod. "Sounds easy."

Noticing Andrew beside me, shifting on his feet, I finally remember what I have to tolerate and sigh.

"Can I do this mission alone?" I ask, earning myself a glare from the boy next to me.

Garry tilts his head, giving me a serious look.

"You know it's not a possibility, Sophia. Especially for a mission like tonight. You can't do everything alone."

I grit my teeth. He has a point.

I let out a sigh. Andrew is smart, sure. Behind a computer, that is. On the field, he is annoying as hell. He always wants to do things by himself, not thinking about me, his partner. One mistake and it could affect the other.

He doesn't think about this when this is all I do. I know what can really happen if you don't have enough trust in your partner, or if one of you make one mistake, or if one of you choose not to listen to the other.

I glance at him. Once he catches my gaze, I make sure to give him a look that clearly says everything.

If you do anything stupid tonight, I will fucking kill you myself. Behave yourself.

For once, I don't see him roll his eyes. He clearly tightens his jaw though, and once he gets my message, I turn around and walk out of the computers area.

"Be ready at five," Mr. Neil says before I leave.

"I know," I mutter, not thinking about any courtesy.

Not like he would care. Okay, maybe he does care. But Mr. Neil knows me enough to understand any of my reaction.

*

I'm ready at five.

A perfect dress for tonight was waiting for me in my door room. The long black dress with a sweetheart neckline fits my body perfectly, and the lace gives an elegant touch to the dress. It's comfortable and doesn't catch much attention. My weapons are perfectly hidden underneath it.