Six

6:44 P

6:44 P.M

Brandon comes to a halt and I stop moving.

He turns on his knees and faces me. On his left continues the vent until there is no other place to go.

He points towards that direction.

"They'll have their reunion there," he says in a low voice and I nod. "We should wait."

I sit and lean against the surface behind me, sighing. I barely have space for my legs and I take a deep breath.

"I'm surprised," Brandon suddenly declares, sitting opposite from me and I keep my gaze on my hands. "You hate confined places—"

"How can you say what I like and dislike?" I snap, turning my head towards him. "Years have passed. You don't know anything."

Brandon sighs, shaking his head. "Sophia, I think we should talk."

"Talk?" I scoff softly, raising my eyebrows. "That's what we should do right now?"

He stays silent.

"There's nothing to say, Brandon."

"You know it's not true. Look, I know—"

And then, I just lose it.

"How did you think I would react, Brandon?" I cut him off, my voice hard. "When I found out that my boyfriend of the time who died in front of me wasn't dead? That he was out there, continuing his life, while me... I was breathing, but dying inside."

I take a deep breath and already regret it. Shit. You should have kept your mouth shut, Sophia.

"Do you think I wished for this? You think it was easy for me?" Brandon says quietly, making me look up at him. "Because it wasn't, okay? I got shot in the head and I'm fucking alive. It took a while to remember things and it felt pretty scary to wake up with no idea of what happened!"

I nod slowly. "With what I've seen, you're feeling much better now, don't you?"

He stares at me for a while, his eyes searching for something. Searching for what? I don't know. After a while, he just shakes his head and looks down.

Minutes pass and I can't wait until we can get out of here. I focus on my breathing, forget where I am. It doesn't help though, and I can hear my own heartbeat a little bit too fast.

"I'm sorry for yesterday," Brandon says suddenly, his eyes meeting mine again.

I finally realize he's talking about that ball and our fight and I raise my eyebrows.