The Thief

"Here's the golden hat," Xaliyah says, setting the thing on the table in front of Delvin before taking a seat next to him. The bald man grabs the hat and examines it closely, "waste of gold if you ask me," she adds and the man smiles at that as he sets the hat back down on the table with a soft thud.

"You say that now, boss, but you'll think differently when you get this," he says, handing her a coin purse filled with coin. She smiles and takes it from him, the coin clinking together inside.

"Maybe it wasn't such a waste of gold," she adds and puts the purse in her pocket before motioning Vekel over and ordering a mug of ale.

The two sit in comfortable silence, talking about how well the Guild is doing nowadays and future missions and heists. Xaliyah reaches over and grabs a piece of bread and tears a piece off and puts it in her mouth, listening to Delvin's attempt to once again woo Vex.

"You're persistent," Xaliyah says once Vex walked out of hearing range, picking up her tankard, "think that will work?"

"What will work?" Delvin feigns ignorance and Xaliyah rolls her eyes.

"You're plan on flirting nonstop with Vex to the point where she gets so annoyed with you that she sleeps with you in the hopes of shutting you up," Xaliyah explains and Delvin doesn't reply, only continues snacking on the grilled leaks in front of him, "just tell her how you feel, ask her on a date and get to know each other,"

"Should I really take relationship advice from you, boss?" Delvin asks, turning his head to look at her with an eyebrow cocked.

Xaliyah tilts her head, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "what's that supposed to mean?" she asks and Delvin looks around the room before his gaze settles on her once more.

"How's your relationship with Brynjolf, boss?" Delvin says without hesitation. Xaliyah sighs, looking away from the man, shaking her head. She should have guessed that he would ask that.

"I, uh, don't see how me and Brynjolf's, uh, relationship relates to you and Vex," she says, cursing herself for getting flustered, something that rarely happens to her. The only time she truly gets flustered is whenever she is around Brynjolf. She trips over her own tongue and she stutters so much when speaking.

She hopes Brynjolf hasn't noticed it, but it's pretty clear that the rest of the Guild and the people in the Flagon has noticed.

"You're trying to give me relationship advice when you can't admit your own feelings for Brynjolf," Delvin explains with a smug expression, knowing full well that he won't get in trouble for this.

Xaliyah was about to reply when the entrance to the Flagon swings open. The brunette thief looks over to see an all too familiar raven-haired woman walking towards the bar.

"You do know you can walk in through the Cistern, right?" Xaliyah reminds Ayla as the Dragonborn sits down in the third chair at the table her and Delvin are occupying.

"The Ratways had fewer people," Ayla explains, signaling Vekel for a drink and settling in perfectly amongst the company of thieves. She takes the mug from Vekel and gives him a quick thanks before she takes a drink from it.

"What have you been up too, Ayla?" Delvin asks the Dragonborn and she shrugs, settling her tankard on the table.

"Fighting here, exploring a tomb there," Ayla replies, "normal Dragonborn things, y'know?"

Xaliyah shakes her head, "No, not really," she says and laughs at the eye roll Ayla gives her.

"Did something completely stupid and reckless today," she adds and this piques the interest of the two thieves, "Odahviing and I attacked Helgen and burnt it to the ground,"