Seven

Lance can feel the pressure setting in as his older brother walks in. He starts to rummage through Lance's closet and pulls out a green sweater. Marco gestures it towards Lance, and Lance lets out a sigh as he takes it. He quickly takes off the shirt that had a picture of the Cuban flag as a pocket on it. He slips on the sweater and his brother grabs his arm. He rolls up the sleeves to about his elbows then bends down to mess with Lance's pants. He rolls up his skinny jeans into cuffs and grabs Lance's old combat boots that he got from their grandfather.
"Now go," Marco says and starts to stand up. Lance could read his lips, and nodded.
"Keith, he's coming out now," Marco yells, but Lance couldn't hear him, luckily, or he probably would have caved his brothers face in.
Lance walks out and feels only slightly nervous. They were going out tonight to get a dinner through the drive through then head to an arcade for a few hours to meet up with some of their friends. Keith was standing at the front end of the hallway, waiting for Lance.
"Ready?" Keith mouths. Lance nods and Keith could feel the nervousness really set in at this point. He pulls his keys from his pocket and moves to the front door.
"I'll have him back no later than eleven," Keith shouts.
"You can keep him all night if you want to," Marco chuckles as he comes down the hallway. Keith opens the front door and lets Lance out first.
"Have fun you two," Marco says. "Also, don't be so tense. It's not like Lance is your first friend, right?" I didn't notice how tense I was until the said that. I nod and give a small smile before shutting the door behind me.
Keith hops in the drivers seat and watches as Lance is scrolling through his phone, forgetting he left it in the car. He holds Keith's phone in front of his face face, a song pulled up but not playing. Keith looks confused, and Lance notices and points to the radio.
  "Oh," Keith says to himself, then nods. Lance plugs the phone in and presses play. Lance is tapping his fingers to the beat as Keith pulls out of the driveway. Keith doesn't recognize the song, but he can tell that's it's probably a 90's song that he grew up with. Keith can hear a slight hum coming from Lance as he keeps his palm on a speaker. Keith is surprised, but keeps his eyes on the road. It's Keith's first time hearing anything relatively close to Lance's voice. It's a deep hum in the back of his throat. It overpowers the actual music, and Keith notices he's just following the bass that he can feel on his palm. He's so talented with music, Keith thinks to himself, he actually feels the music, not just listens or sees it.

Keith pulls into Culver's and parks. He turns down the music to catch Lance's attention, which works. Keith motions to the fast food restaurant behind them. Lance's face lights up and a smile approach's his lips. Keith can feel his ears heat up, but ignores it and hops out. He soon hears Lance do the same and Lance meets him on Keith's side of the car. They then walk in together.
Keith pulls out his phone and goes to his notes. He starts to type, and hands it to Lance.
What do you want to eat? Lance then holds up his hand, he gives Keith a number, and he looks for it across the board. A grilled chicken sandwich. Keith nods and takes his phone back. Keith walks up to the cashier, ready to order for both of them. Lance starts to pull out his wallet as Keith starts to order, but Keith grabs it before Lance can pull anything out. Keith pulls out his own wallet after saying what they wanted, and pays for them both. Keith turns to Lance, and he's only slightly pouting. Keith giggles, not noticing at first, but catches himself and turns back to grab their number. Lance then grabs Keith's forearm and drags him to a table towards the back that is half a booth and half chairs. Lance sits in the booth half and Keith takes a seat across from him.
  Lance extends his hand towards Keith. A look of confusion covers Keith's face. Lance rubs his fingers together like he wants money, but Keith gets the signal and hands Lance's wallet back. As he gets it back, he rummages for ten dollars to give to Keith. As he pulls it out, Keith shoved his hands back to his chest. Lance can tell that means no and puts his wallet back into his pocket. Keith pulls out his phone again and starts to type in his notes. He's nervous.
Can I show you something? He hands his phone to Lance. Lance nods and sets the phone on the table. Keith takes a deep break. He brings his hands up and starts to sign something to Lance, and Lance's face lights up. Keith had been preparing this for a few nights, hoping that Lance could maybe help him with learning. Keith had signed, I am learning sign language, to Lance. Lance picks up the phone and starts to type. Is that all you've learned? Keith takes the phone and nods, then stars to type and hands the phone over, Will you help me? Lance nods vigorously as the employee with their food approaches. Keith feels extremely happy, but tries to tone it down as the waitress starts to set down food.
  "Enjoy," she says with a smile before walking off.

(A/N: So I just wanted to say thank you to all of my readers who have been sticking with me. I'm sorry my updates are horrible, but I've been extremely busy lately. End of school EOC's and finals are here, and I was asked to prom by my sister, so I've been preparing for that for this next weekend, along with my mums graduation from college. (Doesn't sound normal for a freshman, does it?) But thank you guys. I mean it. Feel free to be expecting something from "the opposite of calm" as well! I may have a guest chapter pop up!
-t)