Twenty-Three

"So I got The Opposite of Calm and Colors and Symbols," Keith starts, pulling out the DVD cases, "You can choose from all of these too." Keith hands Lance a bag of candy and drinks.
"Mind if I take the Nehi and peach rings?" Lance asks, pulling the drink and candy out.
"No, go ahead. Hand me the pineapple Fanta?" Keith asks.
"Sure," Lance says and pulls the drink out. Keith's grabs it as he hands it over, and opens it. Lance sets the bag on the floor and opens the peach rings. Keith takes a drink, then pulls off the side of the road to head home.
"Which movie do you want to watch first?" Keith asks.
Lance covers his mouth with his open hand, "What are both of them about again?"
"Colors and Symbols is about soulmates, and the soul mates have symbols that match, and these two boys meet because of it. And The Opposite of Calm is about two boys that meet in a mental health hospital, agreeing that have a mental health condition isn't cute so they decide to help each other and just end up falling in love, something like that," Keith explains and drives down the road to make it back to his home.

Keith grabs his phone and starts to text Ashton, Hey are u upstairs? He waits a minute, then gets a response. Yeah, just wanted something to eat. Why? Keith sighs, Go open our window? We were supposed to be home an hour ago. Keith then shuts his phone off and hops out, grabbing the sack of junk food and drinks.
"Let's go up," Keith mouths to Lance. Lance nods. Keith waves for him to follow, and they slowly walk to the front of the house. As they do, Keith can see Ashton struggling to open the window. He chuckles, then walks up to the window sill that is about a foot open. Then Ashton puts his last efforts in and the window slams up, making Ashton lose his grip.
"Shush!" Keith says, throwing the bag through the ripped screen. Ashton then regains balance and holds open the screen for Keith and Lance to crawl through.
"Why are you guys back so late?" Ashton asks as him and Keith heave Lance into the room. Keith then pushed himself up on the ledge as Lance makes it through.
"We had to go drop off Luis at his house. I would text him if you can, make sure he's alright," Keith says as he shuts the window quietly.
"You don't have to tell me," Ashton says, and already is typing on his phone.
"He said he was at a party tonight. What happened?" Ashton asks.
"You knew?" Keith asks, watching Lance put his hearing aids back in.
"Yeah, did you not?" Ashton asks, glancing over at Lance.
"No, he was invited by some junior, I guess, and got into something stupid," Lance sighs.
"Alright," Ashton says, going back to typing on his phone.
"I'm going back downstairs. If you hear the car start in the middle of the night, cover for me in the morning," Ashton says, walking towards the door.
  "Night, Ash," Keith says.
"Night, Keith. You two don't be stupid," Ashton says, shutting the door.
Keith sighs and leans back on to his bed. The bag sitting next to him.
"I'm sorry about tonight," Lance says.
"It's alright," Keith says, rolling onto his side.
"Want to start a movie and just eat candy?" Lance asks, tilting his body to look at Keith, but doesn't move his feet.
"That would be nice," Keith says, rolling to look at Lance. He admired how cute Lance was. Not just his looks, but his personality. It was almost as though he'd became more of an extrovert since his surgery.
"Colors and Symbols good?" Lance asks.
"Of course," Keith says. Lance grabs the DVD, and looks around for somewhere to put it.
"Television's in the closet," Keith chuckles. Lance opens the closet door and sees the Television on top of a cabinet. He turns it on, turns on the DVD player, then puts the movie in.
"There are blankets at the bottom of the cabinet," Keith speaks, sitting up. Lance nods and walks back towards Keith's bed. One dark grey blanket and one navy blue blanket are thrown at Keith, then Lance grabs the pillow off Ashton's bed and heads back towards Keith.
"You don't mind me over here, do you?" Lance asks.
"Yes, you have to go lay on Ashton's bed, where you can't see the movie," Keith says sarcastically, "Of course you can sit over here." Keith grabs the grey blanket, and hands Lance the blue one. Lance sits next to Keith, in which has grabbed his own pillow and has it rested in his lap. Keith reached for the remote on his desk, and skips through the ads in the beginning.
"Hey, hand me the small yellow pillow," Keith says. Lance grabs it from the head of the bed and gives it to Keith. Keith then chucks it at the light switch, turning the lights off.
"I could have got up," Lance says, chuckling. Keith shakes his head, then presses play on the remote. Keith wraps the grey blanket around himself, then rests his hands on his pillow in his lap. Lance wraps himself up as well, and puts his pillow behind his lower back.
  "Come on! You've been sick for a damn week and have gotten worse. You have to go!" a man says, shaking a younger boy from being half asleep.

"You know what," the main character says, "I'll let you movie in with me until you can afford a proper place."
"No, I can manage like this," the other boy says. Keith can feel himself getting tired.
"Hey," Keith whispers, "Can I lay down?" Lance looks over at Keith.
"Yeah, you don't have to ask," Lance chuckles. Keith loved when he did that. He places his pillow in Lance's lap, then leans himself onto the Cuban boys legs. Keith adjusts himself comfortably, the blanket he had was now pulled up to his chin, and he was on his stomach with his head turned towards the television.
"You're extremely pretty," Lance says, resting one arm on Keith's back, and the other moving his hair out of his face.
"You're funny," Keith says. They both knew they liked each other, but wasn't always sure how to react to it.
  "You really are," Lance says.
  "You're just as beautiful," Keith says.
  "And you say that without looking at me," Lance chuckles.
  "I don't need to look at you to know," Keith says. His eyes shut, listening to the movie and Lance's voice.
  "Oh, so you don't think I'm worth looking at?" Lance teases.
  "You know I didn't say that," Keith laughs, eyes still closed.
  "Well, that's how it sounded to me," Lance laughs. Keith stays quiet this time. "Oh, now you think you're funny!"
  "Oh, quiet," Keith chuckles.
  "I thought you liked listening to me," Lance says.
  "I do, I'm just tired," Keith says, flipping his head to look at Lance.
  "Finally! You looked at me," Lance jokes.
  "Yeah yeah, now shush," Keith says.
  "No," Lance says, "When I'm tired I'll shush."
  "I think you are tired," Keith says.
  "Hm, maybe," Lance says, "but I still don't want to shush."
  "You need to," Keith says.
  "No," Lance chuckles as Keith unwraps his arms, "I like to talk-." Keith grabs Lance's face, and brings it down to his own. Their lips touch, and Keith can feel himself get embarrassed. It lasts only a few seconds, then Keith let's go. It was nervous, but warm.
  "Now go to sleep," Keith says, pushing Lance face away with his palm. Keith stands up and walks over to Ashton's bed and then lays himself down. Lance hadn't made a sound since he got up. Then Keith could here him start to move. He looks over at Lance, and he's taking his hearing aids out. Lance grabs the remote, turns the television off, and crawls under the sheets. Keith sighs, then gets himself comfortable, not really knowing what to do. He finally decides to leave it alone until morning to see if he'll even remember.

-

(A/N: Hello! I'm back! I just want to say sorry for the hiatus, I hated it, but definitely needed it. I've been very motivated lately, so it's been nice. The updates will be slow for right now because I'm working on a special thing for you guys.
  Also, the two "movies" are the two other Klance books I've written! The Opposite of Calm is one that I currently have discontinued on this account, and Colors and Symbols is the other, which I have uploaded and finished on my other account, pitchblacksoul03 . I recommend going and reading then if you like my writing. And a heads up, Colors and Symbols may be a little cheesy.
  I hope you guys enjoyed, and until next chapter, bye!
-t)