Twenty-One

"So, how do you like it?" Keith asks.
  "This is a lot better than Olive Garden's," Lance says. Ashton chuckles and continues to type on his laptop.
  "So, this is probably a weird question, but have you listened to any music?" Keith asks, curiosity getting to him.
  "Not anything nowadays. I kind of grew up with Brittany Spears and a lot of Jeniffer Lopez," Lance chuckles and takes another bite.
  "Really?" Keith chuckles, "I'll definitely have to get you into some of my music." Keith pulls out his phone and opens his music app. He searches for a song, then presses play.
"And I will hold you tight, Like the moon in the arms of the sky," it starts.
"What song is this?" Lance asks.
"Sons and Daughters by Allman Brown," Keith says. Keith stands up with his empty plate and cup, and walks towards the door.
"I'll be back in a minute," Keith says and walks out. Christen and her husband along with their daughter are sitting in the living room, watching a movie, one Keith and Ashton both hated.
  "You boys alright?" Chad asks.
  "Yeah. Just listening to music and talking," Keith says. Everyone stays silent, and Keith places his things in the kitchen sink.
  "Would you like me to cover everything?" Keith asks.
  "Sure. Thanks, hun," Christen says. Keith then reaches into the cabinet, and pulls out the aluminum foil. He covers the glassware and puts it in the fridge.
"Can you're friend stay the night, or no?" Christen asks as Keith walks back through the living room.
"Hold on, let me go check," Keith says, picking up his pace. He opens his door, and looks at Lance.
"Can you stay?" Keith asks.
"Uh," Lance scrambled for his phone, "Yes."
Keith pulls his head out of the room and turns towards the living room.
"He can," Keith says.
"Alright, I'll go and grab a sleeping bag and pillows around nine," Christen says. Keith nods and makes his way back into the room. Lance is laying on his back, listening to the songs playing through Keith's playlist.
  Then Ashton decides to chime in, "I just wanna die~." Ashton chuckles at himself.
  "I forgot that song was on this playlist," Kieth chuckles. He walks over to his bed and lays down, laying himself across Lance's stomach.
  "You're brother is heavy, Ashton," Lance says. Ashton chuckles.
  "I know. He feels like an elephant!" Ashton says, over exaggerating.
  "I can't breath, Ashton! Send help!" Lance jokes, raising an arm towards the ceiling. Keith just rolls over onto his back, which lands on Lance's chest.
  "Ow," Lance chuckles.
  "Stop calling me fat," Keith says. He wasn't pouting, wasn't mad, but just knew he wasn't fat.
  "I know you're not," Lance chuckles, "I know it muscle." Lance raises his up to poke Keith's stomach. As he does, Keith's body scrunches up in defense. Lance just laughs, which makes the other two laugh.
"Don't lie, I know it's fat," Ashton teases.
"Oh, shut up. Like you can say anything," Keith says with a smirk.
Ashton gasps, "how dare you!"
"What was the gayest gasp ever," Keith says. Keith sits up, and sits cross cross, facing his head board.
"I'm going to go mess with Thomas and play XBox," Ashton says, pushing himself off the bed.
"Alrighty. Don't drag too much hair up with you," Keith says.
"Okay, then I will," Ashton says, leaving the room. Lance sits up and looks over at Keith.
"I know he left on purpose," Lance chuckles.
"Probably," Keith says, then turns to look at Lance. Lance looked tired, almost stressed.
  "Are you alright?" Keith asks.
  "My head hurts a little. I think too much talking," Lance says, giving a slop sided smile.
  "We can just rest for a little while, if you want," Keith says.
  "No, I'm fine. I can handle it," Lance says. He looks down at his feet, trying to draw his focus elsewhere.
  "How about a show? We can put on a show on my laptop and I'll turn on subtitles so you can take you're hearing aid out," Keith says, poking at Lance's ear.
  "I forgot I even had that in," Lance says as he reaches his hand up to his ear, pressing a button then moving a switch and pulling it out.
  "Sorry if I get loud or too quiet," Lance says, and it's back to what he first sounded like after his surgeries.
  "You're fine," Keith says, trying to direct his voice to Lance's other ear. Lance nods and looks around the room. He stands up, and walks towards Keith's desk. It has a box of tissues, and Lance takes one. He sets his hearing aid in it and sets it on the desk.
  "Is this alright?" Lance asks.
  "Yeah," Keith says, nodding his head. Lance walks back over to Keith, and then as he sits on the bed, he grabs Keith, and pulls him back with him. The two are lying on their sides, quiet. Keith can hear Lance taking small breaths, a little more audible than normal.
  "Lance?" Keith asks. Lance stayed silent.
  "Lance?" Keith asks again, rolling over to face the Cuban boy.
  "Are you okay?" Keith asks, looking at the boy that has attached himself around Keith's torso.
  "Yeah," is all Lance says. He hugs Keith a little tighter around his torso, burrowing his face into Keith's sweater.
  "Hey, I'll get you some pajamas," Keith says, tapping Lance's Head so he could get up.
  "Okay," Lance says, letting go of the older boy.
  "My shirts may be a bit small, and my pants, I don't know if they'll fit or not," Keith says.
  "It's alright, I'll manage," Lance says. Keith grabs a pair of black and white checkered pants and walks towards Lance.
  "Do you mind maybe wearing one of Ashton's shirts? I think his might be longer," Keith says, setting the pants next to Lance's body.
  "That's fine," Lance says.
  "Do you mind if I change in here?" Lance asks.
  "No, I've got to go grab youre bedding anyways," Keith says, grabbing a shirt from Ashton's side of the closet.
  "Thanks," Lance says. He still hasn't moved, and his breathing had become more controlled sounding. Keith walks out of the room, leaving Lance to change.
  "Christen, where do I grab his stuff from?" Keith asks as he walks through the living room.
  "Ashton said he's going to camp out downstairs for the night since Lance is over. You can just grab clean sheets for Ashton's bed, if Lance is comfortable with that," Christen says, standing up from her spot on the couch.
  "Oh, okay," Keith says. He heads towards the bathroom separating his and Ashton's room from the demon child's room.
  Keith grabs the sheets, a set of grey sweats material. He walks out, and walks to his door.
  He knocks twice, then says, "I'm coming in."
  "Okay," Lance says, nearly inaudible.
  "Do you mind sleeping in Ashton's bed? He's camping out downstairs. I bet he'll be on XBox live all night," Keith chuckles as he keeps his eyes glued to the floor, since he knows Lance is still putting on a shirt.
  "No, it's fine. Clean sheets?" Lance asks.
  "Yeah," Keith says and shuts the door. He turns to Ashton's bed and starts to strip it of its sheets.
  "Need any help?" Lance's voice rings through the silent room. Keith could tell he was right behind him.
  "No, I think I'm got it," Keith says. Lance leaves it at that, but still watches, placing himself on Keith's bed.
  "You know, you've got a nice ass," Lance chuckles. Keith's face flushes and he turns towards the boy behind him.
  "What the fuck, Lance," Keith says, trying to keep his composure.
  "What?" Lance says, a smirk evident on his lips. Keith turns back to the bed sheets, and rips off what was remaining.
  "You put these on," Keith says, throwing the clean sheets at Lance. Keith grabs the dirty sheets and storms out, head racing with how to deal with Lance when he gets back.
  "I'm setting the sheets in the kitchen," Keith says, walking past his foster parents. No one said anything as he walked back through, their minds absorbed in the movie before them.
  Keith walks in, and sees that Lance has placed himself across the half made bed. He shuts the door, then raises his hand.
  "Do you know what Red Belly is?" Keith asks, and Lance opens one of his eyes just before Keith brings his hand down on the other boys stomach.
  "Oof," Lance says, his body scrunching up.
  "What the heck?" Lance says, still quiet as ever.
  "Don't say that kind of stuff at my house, especially when my parents are sitting not even fifteen feet from my door," Keith whispers, making sure Lance can tell what he said.
  "Was physical payback really necessary?" Lance asks, ignoring what Keith said.
  "Well, you made a comment about my ass, I have the right to get payback however I feel necessary," Keith says. Lance grabs Keith's arm as he pulls it away.
"I'm sorry, I won't do it again," Lance starts, "Not for now, at least." Keith rolls his eyes and lays down next to Lance.
"You seem either really tired, or you just decided to show your true colors now," Keith says, looking at the boy clinging to his arm.
"Well, a mix of both. I mean, I used to be a catch, and no one was against me complimenting their ass," Lance chuckles. His voice is soft and tired, and it's evident he wants to sleep.
"Okay, I'll jut assume you're amazingly tired, because I've never seen you act like this," Keith says, pulling his arm from Lance and standing up.
"May I have some Tylenol?" Lance asks, sitting himself up.
"Yeah, can I change first?" Keith asks, taking off his sweater to reveal his old band tee shirt.
"Yeah," Lance says, grabbing the pillow and pillow case. He puts the pillow in the case, then crashes himself back onto the bed. Keith grabs his pants and a larger tee shirt from Ashton's pile.
  "I'll be back in a minute," Keith says, and walks out of the room.
  Lance tosses and turns for a moment before settling on a position, then his phone flashes, signaling he got a text. He sighs and stands up, disappointed he had to move. He grabs his phone, then sits back on Ashton's bed. He looks at the text, and sees that it's from his cousin.
  Im at ace's party, can you come pick me up? Lance reads to himself.
  Why? I'm at a friends. Lance texts back, not really understand what's going on.
  The neighbors called the cops, I need to leave. His cousin sends. Then Lance's realization settles in, and he stands up to grab his keys as Keith walks in.
  "You okay?" Keith asks.
  "What kind of excuse could I use on your parents?" Lance asks, his voice still hush, but stern.
  "Why? What's wrong?" Keith asks, rushing to grab their shoes.
  "Luis is at a party, and the neighbors called the cops," Lance says, slipping on his shoes.
  "Do you know where?" Keith asked putting on his own and grabbing his phone.
  "Yeah, one of his friends houses," Lance says.
  "I'll say we want to go buy some candy and rent a movie, then I'll be down, go start your car," Keith says.
  "No, if I don't leave in time from there, you'll get in trouble too," Lance says, opening the door, "Just say I wanted to go get something to drink."
  "No, I'm coming," Keith says.
  "I don't have time to argue. Do what you want," Lance says. Only Christen is sitting in the living room, and the television can be heard from her room. Music is blasting from her daughters room, signaling she's getting ready for bed.
  "Christen, can we go grab candy and a movie?" Keith asks, trying to stay close behind Lance.
  "Sure, just be quick," she says, not looking away from her phone as she types an email.
  "Okay, thanks," Keith says, hurrying behind Lance as they leave through the front door.

-

(A/N: Hello everyone! I'm sorry for the lack of updates, and me being really slow... I don't have the time to write, that's all I can say. Also, if you're reading this, please don't harass me for not updating. It's happened three times this week so far, and the week isn't even over.
I'm really sorry, please forgive me, and I'll try and get the next one out soon.
-t)