Twenty-Four

"Keith, wake up," Ashton says as he shakes Keith awake. Keith turn for a moment, then opens his eyes to look at the boy next to him.
  "Hm?" Keith hums as he pulls his sheets up to his chin.
  "Mom wanted you to up so she could make breakfast," Ashton says as he grabs the sheets from Keith's grip. He pulls them down and throws them to the end of the bed.
  "Now wake Lance up," Ashton says and walks walks to the door. As he shuts it, Keith has pushed him myself up.
  "I hate everything," Keith sighs as he stretches his arms above his head. He stands himself up and walks towards his own bed to wake up Lance.
"Lance," he yawns as he shakes Lance for a second.
"What?" Lance asks, his voice a little rough.
"Do you want breakfast?" Keith asks and sits on the bed as Lance turns onto his back.
"Sure," Lance says and rests his forearm over his eyes.
"Well, get up then," Keith says as he pushes himself back up.
"Can you hand me my hearing aids?" Lance asks as he sits up and swings his legs out from under the blankets. Keith nods and grabs them off his desk. He hands them to Lance and walks to his closet. He pulls out a sweatshirt and walks to Ashton's desk chair. He seats himself and slips off his shirt. He slips his sweatshirt over his arms, then feels a hand on his head.
"You have horrible bed head," Lance chuckles as he runs his fingers through Keith's hair.
"What are you doing?" Keith asks, turning to look at him.
"I honestly don't know, but I like it," he says and starts to rub Keith's head, pushing it down gently before walking towards the door.
"I'll go and say hi to your mom," he says. Keith pouts for a second then finishes slipping on his sweatshirt. He makes his way out of his room, and to the kitchen where Lance is helping himself to a plate of scrambled eggs and a piece of toast.
  "Good morning, Keith," Christen says and scoops some eggs on to a plate.
  "Toast or bacon?" she adds as she hands Keith the plate.
  "Both?" Keith asks and walks closer to her.
  "Alright. Give me a minute with the toast," Christen says as she opens the bread bag. Keith takes a couple pieces of bacon and walks around to to get himself eggs.
"Lance, what time do you need to leave?" Christen asks as she messes around with her old toaster.
"No time specific. What time would you like me to leave by?" Lance asks.
"Any time you want, we don't have any plans today," she says, and as she says that, Keith has an idea.
"Could he stay another night?" Keith asks, as he walks to seat himself.
"I'm fine with that, but does he have any plans?" Christen asks.
"No ma'am, but I don't want to over stay my welcome," Lance says as he takes a piece of egg onto his fork.
"No, you can totally stay another night. I just won't be here in the morning, and Keith's stepdad is leaving on a business trip tonight," she says, and the toast pops out of the toaster.
"Sweet," Keith says as Christen puts the toast on his plate.
"Wait, can I hab- someone over?" Ashton says, almost choking on his food.
Christen rolls her eyes and sighs, "Fine, but who?"
"Luis, if he can," Ashton says, looking at Keith, which is smiling at him.
"If he can, I guess. He's that freshman though, isn't he?" Christen asks.
"Yeah," Ashton says.
"Will his parents be okay with that?" Christen asks, and grabs herself a plate of food.
"I think so," Ashton says and pulls his phone out from his pocket. Keith glances at Lance, and he shrugs. Keith finished his plate and walks it to the sink.
"I'm going to go clean up. Lance, do you want to go out in a bit? We could head to Providence," Keith asks.
"Sure," Lance says and begins to finish his food. Keith makes his way to his room and try's to choose something to wear.

"But Cookout has amazing food," Luis says and he leans over the back of Lance's chair.
  "No, their food is good on occasions," Keith says as he turns into the Firehouse Subs parking lot.
  "Agreed," Ashton says.
  "We can get Cookout next time," Keith chuckles.
  "Also, what did you tell your parents last night?" Keith asks as he shuts off the car and turns towards the freshman.
  "Um, I didn't talk to them, Lance did," Luis says, then Keith turns to Lance.
  "I told them that he went to a party, but didn't know it was one because Ace just invited him over and Luis assumed," Lance says.
  "So, did you tell him about his drink getting spiked?" Keith asks and he shuts off his car.
  "No, but I'm assuming it wasn't something strong or anything he could have had a heavy reaction to. Maybe some erotic drug or something to make him sleepy, that's the most that kid could probably get his hands on," Lance shrugs.
"I didn't even drink that much of it either," Luis says, "I spit it out."
"Yeah, good thing you did," Lance chuckles and rubs the back of his neck.
"Hey, you two go ahead in," Keith starts, "I need to talk to Lance."
"Okay?" Luis says as him and Ashton open their car doors to get out.
"Get you guys your normal?" Ashton asks.
"Yeah, thanks," Keith says. The two boys shut their doors and Keith turns to Lance.
"Are you sure everything went okay last night?" Keith asks and rests his hand on Lance's arm.
"Yeah, it went fine," Lance says, taking Keith's hand off his arm and holding it.
"Your parents and his couldn't be that okay with what happened, even with the lie you gave," Keith says.
"Yeah, they weren't happy. They were pretty pissed actually, they almost kicked him out for the night," Lance sighs, "But I talked to them and convinced them that tonight I'd let them cool off. I was originally going to just let him stay with my sister in Knoxville for the night, but I guess it worked itself out."
"Wow, okay," Keith sighs, and runs his fingers through his hair.
"Yeah," Lance sighs.
"Just wanted to get that out of the way. Ready to go in?" Keith asks.
"Yeah," Lance says, and gives Keith a reassuring smile. As they hop out, Keith grabs his keys, then makes his way next to Lance as they walk in. Lance grabs Keith's hand as they walk to the table Ashton and Luis are sitting at. Keith smiles and squeezes Lance's hand back.

-

(A/N: Okay, I debated on wether or not this would be the last chapter, and I think I'll have one or two more, then I'm done. Good chance it will only be one more chapter, but I'm trying to map out things. I'm sorry I haven't been updating like normal... I've been busy, but I plan to finish up this book by New Years. I have finals until the 21st, I might get exempt from a few, but I don't know yet. That will determine when the next few updates will be released, I'm sorry!
-t)