Eighteen

"He's not talking yet, but trying to make sure he's able to hear things correctly," Victoria says as she hands Keith a water bottle.
  "Oh, okay," Keith says.
  "He also mentioned that he doesn't want to speak until he see's you, too," Veronica chuckles.
  "Oh, real funny," Keith sighs as he starts to leave the kitchen.
  "He's a little swollen faced and a little sensitive to sound, so don't make fun of him, alright?" she adds before Keith walks into the hallway.
  "Okay," Keith chuckle and continues down the hallway. He opens his water bottle, and takes a drink before approaching Lance's door. He can hear humming, and continues into the room. Lance is sitting on his bed with his computer and holding an ice pack to one side of his face. He hears the door shut, and looks towards Keith. Keith smiles, knowing that Lance heard him.
"Hi," Keith says and Lance's face has the brightest look Keith had ever seen.
Lance could feel his heart racing from excitement. This was his first time hearing Keith. Yes, it sounded distant and quiet, but he could hear him. He wakes Keith over to his bed, shutting his laptop.
"You doing okay?" Keith asks as he sits next to Lance. He was just as happy for Lance as Lance was for himself.
Lance nods rapidly, and his grin seems to be almost too wide. He looks towards his bed, and his smile quiets itself. He looks back up at Keith, a look of determination evident.
"Keith, I like you," Lance says, his face slowly flushing a darker shade. Keith sit's there, dumbfounded at the statement.
"Really?" Keith asks, crushing his water bottle a bit.
"Yes," Lance says, worry evident in his voice.
"Okay," Keith breaths, taking a moment to process this information and come up with a better answer.
"Were those your first words?" Keith laughs, realizing what Veronica said earlier. Lance nods as Keith still laughs at the boy.
"Well," Keith stops laughing, "I like you, too." Lance smiles and watches as Keith's face shades to a peachy color.
Lance could feel his heart racing, and loved the feeling. Keith, on the other hand, was scared, but happy, and he didn't like the mix.
"How well can you really hear?" Keith asks.
Lance takes a moment to think then speaks, "Muffled?" This comes out a little more hoarse, and a bit quieter.
"Okay," Keith mumbles to himself, thinking for a second.
"I can only hear out of my right one right now, so, very muffled. Still having to read lips to help," Lance states, a little spaced out and quiet. His voice was a little hoarse, and he was acting almost dizzy.
  "Keith? Can you bring Lance out? Make sure he doesn't fall over, he has a bit of vertigo," Carla asks. This was pure good timing with her saying that because now Keith know why he doesn't look so well.
  "Hey, sit back for a minute," Keith says, motioning for Lance to lean against the headboard. Lance scoots himself back, then raised his arms, telling Keith to hand him a water bottle. Keith does as told, and hands one off the night stand to him. Lance takes a few small sips, then closes his eyes. He makes a fist over his chest and rubs it in a slow circle, motioning for "sorry."
  "We'll be out in a minute, he's a little dizzy," Keith yells. Lance sits there for a moment before opening his eyes, and managing to sit up straight. He swings his legs over the edge of the bed and tries to stand up. He's successful and motions for Keith to follow him as he walks towards the door. Lance seems to still sway a little when he open's the door. They both walk out the door and down the hallway. Keith walks a few steps behind to watch Lance. Lance was humming again. Keith liked the sound of it. He liked Lance's voice, it wasn't exactly what he was expecting, so that's what made it even better.
  Keith may have a bit of a lower voice, which Lance could tell, but he was ready to be able to fully hear it. The muffled sound of Keith's voice is soothing to Lance. He liked it just as much as Keith liked Lance's.
  "Are you okay, Lance?" Carla asks. Lance looks up at his mom, not hearing what she said.
  "Are you okay?" She repeats. Lance nods and continues to the kitchen. There is a plate of corn and peas, along with a sandwich on the island. He sits on a stool and starts to eat. Keith watches as Lance's sister makes two more plates.
  "Keith, would you like any?" Veronica asks.
  "No, I'm alright. I had food before coming here," Keith says. Keith still had his water bottle in his hands, and sets it on the counter, leaning against it as well.
  After a little while passes, Lance makes his way to the sink with his dishes and silverware. Keith she's him for a moment, but then Lance's knee's buckle, and he falls, dropping his plate on the floor.
  "Lance!" Veronica exclaims. She rushes to his aid, her glasses flying off.
  "I'm alright," Lance whispers. It's barely audible, but didn't go unnoticed. Keith rushes towards the glass, trying to keep Lance from touching it. The plate only broke into a few pieces, but smaller shards were barely visible on the light wood floors.
  "Veronica, go ahead and take him back to his room. Keith, can you grab the dust pan and broom?" Carla asks. Keith nods and quickly grabs what was asked. Lance is heaved off the ground, careful not to touch the glass, and starts his way back to his room with his sisters help.
  "Thank you," Carla says.
  "Sorry this is a bit short notice, and you haven't been here long, but I think it would be better if you went home," Carla starts. "When Lance starts to get dizzy spells, he usually tries to sleep through them, so we won't be very interesting."
  "Oh, okay," Keith says, "I guess I'll head home, but do you need anything before I go?" Keith has worry laced in his voice, and it's almost too evident.
  "No, it's alright. We'll manage," Carla says. She sweeps the glass into the dust pan, then dumps it into the trash.
  Keith grabs his things, before walking to the door. He opens it and turns to look at the family, some notice him and wave, and some don't notice, but he waves to the ones who notice, then walks out the door to his old Jeep Cherokee.

-

(A/N: I FORCED MYSELF TO FINISH THIS JUST BECAUSE SEASON SEVEN CAME OUT. I'm so sorry my updates have been really bad, but I've either been loaded with school work, (yes, my school starts August first,) sick, (I have been for about a week now,) or not motivated to write.
  BUT, season seven... woah, that was heavy... a bumpy ride. Added a little thing in at the end about Veronica, just cause I could. 😂
  Also, I'm sorry this is short, but it's all I could muster... I hope you all enjoyed this update, and enjoy season seven!
-t)
(P.S. To keep updated with some season seven fan art or just Voltron stuff in general, I have Instagram and Twitter! Go follow me @ trier.pluto !)