Side Story: Ashton

(A/n: So I know some of you would and could careless about this side story, so you can skip it, it's safe to skip. I'm doing for my own pure enjoyment because I love this character. I also apologize for not updating this like I said I would. But, enjoy!
-t)

-

"Do you like his cousin?" Keith asks me. I pause in the middle of pulling my shirt off my back.
"Why?" I ask and turn back towards the closet.
"I guess I'm just curious," Keith says, and I can tell he really is just curious.
"Yeah," I say and reach for a new shirt in the closet.
"Why don't you ask him?" Keith asks me.
"He's straight," I say, grabbing a fresh pair of boxers.
"I bet you could turn him," Keith jokes, and I already know just what to say back.
"Not like I haven't done it before," I chuckle. I once switched a straight boy named Elliot to a bisexual man in the span of half a school year. I never meant to, but Elliot got too attached. Now Elliot is known as the bisexual theater kid in high school.
"He's only a freshman, he knows nothing," Keith says.
"You're a senior and still know nothing," I tease.
"Very observant," Keith says. I then grab my phone and head straight for the bathroom in the hallway between my room and my sisters. My mind starts to race as I shut the door and turn on the shower.
  I don't know when I changed exactly, but I know it was sometime around when Keith came to live with us. I was going through a tough time. I had joined football and was hating it. I was forced to condition with a ton of boys I hated and then go and practice for a few hours afterwards, then go home and sleep. I barely ate, barely slept, and was stressed. I got skinny and I got sick. I ate two waffles every morning, then filled myself with water for the rest of the day. Then Keith moved in. He was my second foster brother. I had had one foster sister and one foster brother before him. He was different, though. He looked like a trouble maker, and looked like more of a reserved person. I tried to keep my distance for a while, and it was easy for some time. Then he accidentally walked in on me on the phone with my friend. I was talking about an app that had small communities on it, and I had joined the LGBT+ one. I was talking about some people I had met, and Keith heard the worst part, "Well, I told them I was omnisexual." Keith, from that moment on, actually tried to make conversation. By the end of July, we were friends. I would complain to him about boys in football and girls that were annoying from volleyball. Then he'd complain to me about his friends from his old school and how he was dreading this school year. Once the school year had started, I got myself into a bad situation on the team. Someone started a rumor about me, and I had the worst day of my freshman year. Keith was the only one who knew about my breakdown for a good week and half, until the boys started to harass me in the hallway, then everyone wanted to know what happened. I'd quit the team by then, and everyone wanted to know my business, but they all shut up about it in the span of a month after Keith beat up some boy on the football team for running his mouth about me. Keith refused to let me walk from class to class by myself for a few weeks and he had either himself or his friend Jordan walk me from class to class every day. At this time, me and Keith grew closer together. He forced me to eat in the morning before school, forced me to eat lunch, and forced me to eat dinner, everyday. He made me go to bed at ten o'clock sharp to make sure I woke up well rested. He'd become the big brother I never had. I had an older sister, but she was never around after she went off to college in Arkansas. Keith was that older sibling figure I needed at this time.
  After that year, we were basically joined at the hip, he even had the guts to come out to me about being gay. But as soon as he entered his senior year, we finally started to act more like family than friends. We would annoy each other, fight, get in trouble, but make up, then get in trouble together doing something stupid. Then he met Lance, and I had met Lance's younger cousin not much earlier than he met Lance. I had met Luis in my creative writing class. He was intriguing because he was a goofball and didn't understand personal space. Keith soon told me about Lance, and then I knew that I should probably keep my distance from that family to not interfere with Keith's little crush. I wasn't even allowed to date anyways. My parents told me I could not date until college, and I follow most of their rules, and this was under that majority. I let Keith get close to Lance without saying anything about me and Luis for a while. I have adored and admired Keith since we became friends and I want the best for him from here on out.

-