Seventeen

Lance takes Keith's hand, and intertwines it with his own. They're sitting back to back on the bed, about to leave. Lance had taken Keith's sweatshirt, and Keith took Lance's cardigan. Keith's mind was jumbled, and he couldn't tell what Lance was trying to do, but he was hoping. He likes Lance, just learned he isn't straight, and Lance is constantly holding his hand, he couldn't wish for more.
"Okay, lets go," Carla says. Keith stands up, letting go of Lance's hand. Lance stands up as well, and looks around, trying to figure out what to do. He could hear muffled sounds, not very clear, but he was to except that. His hearing wouldn't fully return right off the bat, and he almost couldn't remember what some things sounded like.
"Keith, would you like us to drive you home, or are you okay to take yourself?" Lance's father asks.
"I should be alright. I've lasted on less sleep before," Keith chuckles.
"Okay. Don't hesitate to call if you need anything," Lance's father says as he makes his way to the door, "Also, feel free to stop by this week. We'll be keeping him home until Thursday."
"Okay. I might," Keith says as he gathers his things. He watches the family leave the room, and decides to wait a few minutes before leaving so he could have a moment to breath. He was tired, confused, and stressed. He wasn't ready for school, and he wasn't ready to go home. He wanted neither to happen sooner than they needed to.

He pulls up in his driveway, and parks his car behind Christen's.
"I want to go to Rayne's," Keith sighs as he lays his head on his steering wheel. He leans back up and opens his door after unbuckling himself. He grabs his satchel, and hops out.
"Christen, I'm home," Keith shouts as he walks into the kitchen from the basement door.
"I'm in my room. I will fix dinner soon," Christen shouts from behind her bedroom door.
"Okay. Want me to start it, or no?" Keith asks as he walks towards the kitchen table.
"No. We're just having taco's, so it won't take long to fix," Christen says. Keith nods to himself and sets his bag on the table. He takes out a few things, and throws them in the laundry on his left. He then takes the rest of his stuff, and heads towards his room.
As he walks in, he can hear Ashton singing to himself, "an angel with a shotgun, shotgun..." Keith quietly shuts the door as he walks towards his bed.
  "How was your weekend?" Ashton asks out of the blue.
  "Oh, not too bad," Keith says as he lays down.
  "Thanks for the picture," Ashton chuckles.
  "Yeah," Keith says and rolls into his stomach.
  "Want to talk about it?" Ashton asks.
  "About what?" Keith asks, pushing his bag off his bed with his leg.
  "Who's sweater is that?" Ashton asks.
  "Oh, his mom just forgot to bring another shirt, so we traded," Keith says.
  "Really? I mean, if it works it works. Do you plan to trade back?" Ashton asks, scooting his chair back.
  "Hm, don't know," Keith admits. He closes his eyes, wanting to take a nap for a while, but doesn't.
  "Whatever way you feel is best," Ashton jokes, then turns back to his work. Keith was tired. He was restless the night before. Lance was a bit squirmy and was groaning a lot, which kept Keith from being able to get comfortable next to him.
  "Ashton, come help me with dinner?" Christen shouts. Ashton stands from his seat, and makes his way to the door.
  "Hey, I hope you know what you're getting yourself into," Ashton says as he opens the door.
  "I really don't," Keith sighs.
  "May want to ask then," Ashton says as he walks out. He had a worried sound to his voice, one that made Keith start to stress. He hears his phone ding, but ignores it, deciding he would rest a little before dinner to think.
  Keith knew Lance had some type of feeling towards him, but he didn't want to think too much into Lance's actions. It could have been for comfort or because he was tired and wasn't thinking, or possibly some type of medication. Keith was only hoping that wasn't the case. He had hope for something more than what they had. He didn't want to settle for just a friendship, but would if that was all he could have.
  "Keith, can you go grab Ray? She went to a friend's house last night," Christen asks.
  "Yes," Keith groans as he gets up. He grabs his keys, then walks out of his room, not caring to grab his phone or wallet. He walks through the living room and kitchen towards the basement door.
  "Which friend?" Keith asks as he opens the door.
  "Shay's," Christen says as he pours the chili powder into the ground meat.
  "I'll be back in twenty minutes," Keith says as he walks down the stairs. He walks through the garage, and to his car on the outside. He hops in, and starts his old Jeep Cherokee. He pulls out, and down the road to South Hartman.

-

(A/N: Sorry for the extra short chapter. The next one won't be out until I'm done the animatic some time tomorrow or Tuesday!
Go follow my Instagram to keep updated!
-t)