Chapter 11: The Day the Sky Turned Red.

Michael POV:

"There's no justice in this world Michael", said Sister Jude.

"We make justice", I say to her. 

"This world is unfair, you're either working for somebody or you are somebody, that's up to you to decide", she said.

"Then maybe I'll reject this world", I say to her.

"That makes me you smart Mr. Reyes. The sky is the limit", she said. 

"I have nothing left", I said to her as she stares out the window. 

"True strength is moving on with a smile on your face Mr. Reyes, it is simply an experience, it helps you in the long run, nothing that happens to you is in vain. Fear is not evil, it shows you what your weakness is", she said as she smiled. 

I then woke up as my face adjusted to the light, I had another Briarcliff dream, this time it was with Sister Jude, she was second in command at Briarcliff and just like the rest of us, she had to follow rules, controlled by people of a higher voice, our little voices who couldn't reach the light. 
I'll never forget her, in the end, she turned out to be my greatest ally, she helped me escape Briarcliff and the cost of it was severe... it cost her, her life. Not a moment goes by where I think I could have saved her, I deeply regret that, even to this day.

I gulped as I sit on the bed as my hands trembled in fear.

"Fear is not evil. It tells you what your weakness is. And once you know your weakness, you can become stronger as well as kinder ....", I say as a tear escaped my eye.

"That's beautiful", says Christian as he walked in.

"Christian!", I exclaim as I wipe my eye.

"What's wrong?", he asked as he hugged me.

"Have I ever told you about Sister Jude?", I say.

"No, who is she?", he asked.

"She's the nun at Briarcliff that helped me escape that night, I owe so much to that woman", I say.

I then told Christian what happened as he hugged me.

"I didn't know that", he says in shock.

"She truly was a great woman", I said.

"It'll be okay", he said as he hugged me tightly.

.........

I did my morning routine as I headed to work. 

"Have a great day at work", says Christian as he kissed me.

"Christian", I say as I look at him.

"What is it, baby?", he asked. 

"I'm arranging a meeting with Liam tomorrow, I'm going to tell him what happened that night at Briarcliff ... The night the sky was filled with Embers", I say to him.

"Are you sure there's nothing I can do to change your mind?", he asked.

"I'm afraid not", I say as I touch his face.

"Then I'll have to trust in you", he says as he holds my hand. 

I then smiled as I head up into my office as Anna greeted me. 

"Made your decision?", she asked.

"I did, I texted Josh, he should be here soon", I say.

"He's already in your office", says Anna.