Pain Arc ~ (3): Angel Down, the Final Goodbye.

Character Image: Michael  Reyes-Grey. 

Christian's heart is set now, he has finally accepted Michael's death and is ready to move on. Are you ready for the aftermath of Christian?

Christian P.O.V:

"It's such a beautiful morning, haven't had one like this is a while", I said to her as I stare outside. 

"Well, whenever you're ready we'll start", she says impatiently. 

"Right, we're here to talk about Michael", I say as I look at her. 

"Yes, we are. Sorry", I say as I hit her a warm smile.

"No need to apologize, Christian. Losing the one you love the most takes an emotional turn", she said as she took some notes. 

"I'd like to remind you whatever we discuss is private", I say to her.

"Yes, you made me sign a non-disclosure agreement", she says. 

"I met Michael on a bright sunny morning like this, he walked into my office for an interview and fell flat on his face, I was confused at that point, I was supposed to be interviewed by a girl named Candice but in came this wide-eyed boy that paid more attention to the paintings on my wall than the actual interview, he asked me basic questions and it seemed like another boring interview. I'm what they call a masochist so when Michael threw the blazing hot coffee on himself, he felt no pain whatsoever, that intrigued me. What physical scaring did he go through to withstand such pain? I wanted to ask him but it wasn't my place to, I just met him. I was curious to see if he just like me, broken and unfixable inside then all of that went away when he took his shirt off, I got an instant boner, which has never happened before especially towards a guy. I didn't know what these feelings were but it led me to believe it was fate. The boy who had no interest in the interview left the biggest impression on me", I say to her as she continued making notes. 

"Do you believe it was love at first sight?", she asked.

"I don't think so, I fell in love with Michael when he left me, it was more like he piqued my curiosity", I explained. 

"What happened next?", she asked. 

"After the interview was done he looked sad and mad at the same time, he peered over at the questions he was supposed to ask me, I then realized I didn't answer any of his questions, it would put both me and him in trouble so I took his paper and answered them and e-mailed it to Candice, it was the least I could do. I was contacted that night by the school to present a scholarship for a student. When they told me who it was I was shocked it was that same kid that interviewed me. It was then and there that I believed fate was in play, I decided to track him down and got his phone number and address", I say as she interrupted me. 

"Without his consent?", she asked.

"Yes, of course. Everything went so smoothly. It all went according to my plans, what came next I didn't expect. He left me, he walked straight to the elevator and left. I was in shock, I tried to reach my hand out to him and ask him to stay but no words came out. I was a mess thereafter, it was like I went through an intense breakup but this breakup was so innocent. Fate paid a cruel trick on me after that, it was the day of his graduation. He had a sad look on his face like he crawling into depression, I presented him with the award as he hit me a fake smile which broke my heart, there was this little angel with a broken wing that I wanted to hold and mend. He then darted off the stage in tears. I ran after him and finally found him sitting on the steps crying. It was then whatever left of my heart was shattered, seeing his tears awoken a part of me that I lost, compassion. I held him in my arms as he cried his little heart out. I then learned his father past away and his mother couldn't make it to see him graduate, he was just like me, alone. I thought I'd make him feel better by taking him to my place. The rest is history, we fell in love and got married. Then fate played it's final trick on me and took him from me", I said as I gulp. 

"What would you say to him if he was in front of you right now?", she asked as I looked at her.

"I'd say...", I say.

..................

I'm really glad I gave the therapist a chance, it was like if a burden had been weight had been lifted from my shoulders. It really does help to talk about your pain. I then headed over to Grey Enterprises where my father awaited, he gave me my job back as CEO. He handed me a piece of paper and warned me not to open it until the time was right, I was curious but I trusted him and left the paper in my drawer. I spent the day in work sorting out the stuff I was supposed to be sorting out, I was way behind on clients and some clients even dropped out of doing business with me, it was a huge loss and I'm to blame. I took a deep sigh a Candice messaged me. 

~Candice: We're on our way to to the meeting place

~Christian: I'll be there shortly. 

........

I then called the front desk and requested Taylor. Not only did I lose Michael that night but I lost Jeremy too, he didn't deserve to die, he wasn't only my receptionist but a great friend to me. 

"Mr. Grey", says Taylor as he knocked and opened the door.

"Taylor", I say to him.

"I heard you were resigning today", I asked.

"Yes sir", he says uncomfortably.

"Why?", I ask.

"I put my hands on you", he says.

"I can't hate you for that, you were doing what you thought was right and you were right. You were just looking out for me, that's what friends do", I say to him as I smiled.

"Friends?", he asked in shocked.

"Yes, now take me to this place", I say as I handed him a piece of paper.

"Yes Mr. Grey", he smiled.

................

6:50 PM, Angel Falls Cemetery. 

I walk into the cemetery with a bouquet of roses in hand as everyone was standing next to Michael's grave. I was in shock at the turnout to my selfish request. 

Candice, Josh, Leo, Jason, Ryan, Uncle Steve, my Father, Anastasia and even Liam, the only person missing was my brother.

"Thank you so much for doing this", I say to them.

"You never got to say goodbye", said Josh.

"Liam", I say as he smiled.

"Hello Mr. Grey", he said. 

....

"What would you say to him if he was in front of you right now?", as the therapist. 

"I'd say...", I say as I look at Michael's grave and saw him smiling. 

...

"Michael, words could have never described how I felt about you, meeting you was fate, it reminded me I could be happy, you brought me a peace of mind and a change of heart, showed me everything I was missing. We sure went through a lot and we weren't perfect but we were perfect for each other. I spent so long that I gave up on love, then you grabbed me by the balls and showed me what it was like to love again. Life truly never went our way but we made the best of it. I truly will miss you and I will live for you, I will become the man that makes you proud, I will do better and I  don't want you to worry about me, I promise you I'll live my life to the fullest. I love you Michael, more than the stars in the night sky", I say as I  drop to my knees as the sun started setting. 

......

To be Continued in Pain Arc ~ (4): Destiny.