Chapter 16: Aftermath of a Disaster

Michael POV

I take a big yawn as I rub my eyes. 

"Good morning sleepy head", says Christian as he hands me a cup of coffee.

"Good Mawning", I say as I yawn. 

"Get ready, you'll be late for work", says Christian as I force myself out of bed. 

"Going", I say as I drag myself to the bathroom.

Christian let me drive the Bugatti today, it was exciting, I mean he bought me a car but I never get to drive it but today I get to, it felt so amazing. Christian headed over to the house to sort some stuff out, he wants to get it renovated as soon as possible, I decided to keep the layout and not rebuild from scratch, I love the decor and architecture of the place, tearing it down would be a slap in the face of all things beautiful and perfect. I had a feeling it was going to be a great day, everything seemed to be going well. 

I smile as I enter Diamond Star as the secretary downstairs waved.

"Michael", said Anna as she greeted me.

"Well there's my favorite secretary", I say to her.

"I'm your only secretary", she says as she hands me the paper. 

"The paper?", I say confused as I take it.

"The New York Times", she says as I gulp.

"Right, the issue is supposed to be out today", I say as I take a deep breath. 

New York Times Front Page:

The Truth About Briarcliff, an interview with Michael Grey.

I take the paper as I hurried to the office and read the article as Anna joined me with a cup of coffee. 

"He really did defend me", I say referring to Liam.

"I was expecting some sort of big expose on you", says Anna.

"So was I but I had faith Liam was being honest", I say.

"You have too much faith in people", says Anna. 

"I like to see the best in people, plus this clears any assumptions on me that people may have", I say.

"Look at page two", says Anna. 

"Oh my god, they arrested Mrs. Sparks!", I say.

"Yup", says Anna. 

"I don't know how to feel about that, at one hand, I'm very happy her evil deeds is put into the light and justice is being served but on the other, this is the woman who raised Christian, it makes me worry about him", I say.

"Christian is a big boy, he can handle himself", says Anna. 

"With his mommy issues", I say.

"Yeah, he's been through a lot hasn't he?", says Anna. 

"Will you be okay?", asked Anna. 

"Yes, I'll be there for Christian", I say.

"Not about that, you know who is going to be after you, the whole point of the secret service was to protect Mrs. Sparks and you peed all over that, they may come for you", says Anna.

"I have protection", I say as I point at the two bodyguards at the door. 

"Building is cleared Mr. Grey", says Sawyer.