Chapter 13: The Secret Society

Stefan? What the hell is he doing here?

Michael POV

"I haven't seen you in about a year", I say to him as he snickered. 

"It's nice to see you again Michael", he says.

"Don't lie to me, what are you doing here?", I ask.

"Visiting my mother", he said.

"That's it?", I ask.

"There's no other reason", he says.

"What do you need Mrs. Sparks?", I ask.

"There's a secret organization in place for the incident at Briarcliff under wraps, it's their job to keep certain things hidden, it'll be troublesome for them if certain information is leaked", she says.

"You know about my interview", I say to her.

"The tell-all about Briarcliff, everyone knows, the Times basically tweeted out about the interview tomorrow", she says.

"And let me guess, there are certain things you don't want me telling them?", I ask.

"Correct, omit me and Stefan from your statements as well as what you think you know about sister Jude and Bob.", she says. 

"This whole thing started with Bob", I say.

"When they dig deep into Bob, they're going to find out things about me and my family, things that I would hate getting into the light", she says. 

"So omit the part where you drugged and stole people's children?", I say. 

"Don't play smart", says Stefan. 

"I'm not afraid of you", I say to Stefan. 

"Simmer down you two, listen, Michael, I'm old and retired now. I regret doing those things but I cannot live forever, I rather live out my days in peace and not rotting away in some cold dark jail cell somewhere", she says.

"You're aware this problem you caused isn't going to magically go away? You have to face up what you did, that's only fair", I say.

"Please Michael", she says.

"Omit me and Stefan's name from your statement, that's all I ask", she says.

"I can omit Stefan's name but you're the real monster, what you did to those patients, to Christian's mother, it's unforgivable", I say with disgust.

"This secret organization will stop at nothing to keep me and my son's name safe, it is what they were hired for, they are certainly not people you mess with", she warned.

"Is that threat?", I ask as I raised an eyebrow.

"Certainly not, just a word of advice.", she smiled. 

"If I can deal with Bob then I can deal with some secret organization", I say as I walk towards the door.

"You'd definitely regret that Michael, I can guarantee you that", she warned as I close the door.