Grey Arc ~ (4) - Daybreak After a Storm

The real Alexandra stand's in front of Chrisitan, is she friend or foe?

Christian Pov:

"You know who I am?", I say,

"Everyone and their grandmother know who Christian Grey is", says Alexandra.

"You called him brother, does that mean you know?", asked Anna as the door opened.

.......

"Alex, come inside now", warned the woman.

"Mother, not all Grey's are evil", says Alexandra.

"Do not make me talk again", she warned as she coughed.

"Mom. Did you take your medicine?", says Alexandra as she rushed to her.

"I'm out", she says as she coughed.

"Come inside, I'll explain", says Alexandra to me and Anastasia.

"Do not invite those people into our home!", warned the woman.

"Mother it's fine, I trust him", she says as she looked at me.

......

We walked inside, the place looked so run down. I can't believe they lived like this, the floor was stained and rotting and the ceiling has collapsed.

"We're meant to fix that", smiled Alexandra as Anna and I sat on a chair.

Alexandra then took her mother to the next room as she continued to cough. She then came back out as she smiled.

"What's wrong with her?", asked Anna.

"Mother is very sick", says Alexandra.

"I can't believe you live like this", I say as Anna smacked me.

"We do the best we can", she smiled.

"Sorry, Christian is not in touch with his emotions", says Anna.

"It's fine", says Alexandra.

"So what happened here?", I ask.

"Mrs. Sparks happened... my adopted mother, Mrs. Drake and my adopted father Mr. Drake sued Mrs. Sparks for what happened, it would seem their daughter Emily died in the care of Mrs. Sparks and no definitive answer was given as to why. My mother suspected Malpractice was involved. Mrs. Sparks lawyer did everything they could to win the case, they had the money and we didn't. They were poor and could barely afford a lawyer. When Mrs. Sparks won she drained them of everything, money possessions, everything. Soon after my father died and Mrs. Drake raised me all on her own, age seemed to have caught up to her now, she's very ill. When I was 18 she told me about my birth mother, Mrs. Grey. I saved up for about a year and finally went to see her, she told me everything and even about my brother, you Christian, I couldn't believe it", says Alexandra.

"Why didn't you come to me?", I asked.

"Didn't think you'd believe some dopey eyed girl claiming she was your sister", says Alex.

"I'm sorry for what they've done to you and your family", I say as I held her hand.

"Life's hard", she says as she faked a smile.

"Alexandra, I've come to take you home", I say to her.

"I can't just pack up and leave my life here, my mother needs me", she says.

"I can get her the help she needs, both of you", I say.

"Speaking of mother, she wants to see you", she says to me.