Taking a Walk on Christmas Eve

It was Christmas Eve and the town was quiet

But I was all alone.

My Mum and Dad were Jewish, so they didn't celebrate Christmas however I am not Jewish, but it just means I have no one to ever spend Christmas with.

Since I'm a senior it doesn't really bother me. I wake up on Christmas Day with only a stocking full of food because my parents think it's the least they could do.

So, I just always take a walk on Christmas Eve. Glancing through windows of families all happy together. It made me happy. So, I would walk.

This year we had done the production which was weird but it was really fun to do. I got to be a proper 50's woman with pinned up hair. Then we basically ran over to the homeless shelter to help those who were in-need. More than us.

But now it was Christmas Eve and currently I was walking.

I found a bench that was nice enough to sit on and listen to music. I crossed my legs and pulled my coat closer to me since it was very cold.

I looked as some families were driving back from restaurants maybe or they were going to a restaurant to eat some nice food.

I smiled as I looked to the fancy restaurant opposite and smiled. I might I have to leave because I look homeless right now. I chuckled to myself and plugged in my headphones.

Since we went to Dalton I downloaded Uptown Girl and it's actually a good original song. See I said the ORIGINAL is good.

I was singing it quietly but when a person sat down beside me I shut up. I just moved my head to the music and hummed.

Suddenly my headphone was took out. I jumped to see it was Sebastian placing it in his ear. I smacked his arm and he laughed.

"What was that for?" He asked, and I chuckled.

"For scaring me." I told him, and he smiled.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him, and he shrugged.

"Being with you." I rolled my eyes and nudged him.

"Seriously. What are you doing here Sebastian?" I asked, and he chuckled.

He pointed to the fancy restaurant opposite and said "My parents are in there. We came out for a meal and I saw a beautiful girl sitting out in the cold."

I looked up at him and he took my hand in his.

I sighed. We shouldn't be together. I know nothing about this Warbler. But yet I want to be with him in some way. I moved my hand away.

"What are you thinking?" Sebastian asked so I sat up and said "What are we? I mean we are both in Rival glee clubs and things could get dirty and that shouldn't in anyway come between us. And besides we know nothing about each other so how can we expect to be in a loving relationship and how can..."

Sebastian kissed me. He then pulled away and said, "You were talking a lot." I bit my lip and Sebastian sat up straight.

"Here look I may know hardly anything about you but what I do know is I like you Mia. Okay, I like you a hell of a lot." I smiled at him as his thumb caressed my hand.

Sebastian coughed and said, "I was going to wait but now just seems like the right moment to do this."

I look at him and he takes a ring out of his pocket. I stand up and say, "Sebastian you're not proposing, we're too young besides I hardly know you." He chuckled and said "No, it's my ring. I wear it occasionally, but I want you to have it." I smiled at him.

"But why?" I asked, and he shrugged.

"Just for when you're at your preppy little public school and I'm at Dalton, I'm gonna be with you." I smile at him and he hands me the ring.

"I can't take it." I tell him.

"Merry Christmas." Sebastian tells me, the ring still in his hand. I smile and take it off him. I slide it on my index finger and it stays in place. I look up at Sebastian and he smiled.

I sigh from the cold and then said "You should probably get back to your parents. Believe me, I know what it's like to be alone." Sebastian smiled and said "They have each other, besides why are you alone tonight? It's Christmas Eve."

I shrugged and said "Parents are Jewish and like you already know, don't appreciate me. I just take a walk alone and see everyone happy. It makes me happy."

"Well come with us, my mom will love you." I shook my head and said. "I should really start heading back." I stood up and Sebastian smiled.

"What?" I asked him.

"You asked me what are we, so what do you want to be?" I shrug and say, "I don't want to be Boyfriend and Girlfriend, so I suggest we are just friends with feelings for each other."

Sebastian nodded and stood.

"Do you want me to walk you home?" He asked but I shook my head.

"No, no. I can't trouble you enough. Thank you, Sebastian, for everything." He smiled, and I gave him a hug. He smelled nice, but the smell was mostly hair gel.

I pulled away and started to walk away, with the biggest smile on my face and Sebastian Smythe standing in the middle of Ohio with the biggest grin on his face.