WDMD [12]

I woke up and found myself in a dimly lit room that I had never seen before. I groaned in pain and stood up from the bed, hearing music from downstairs.

I guess Carter brought me back into the house and this was his room. I searched for my shoes and wore them when I found them. I saw my phone sitting on the bedside table and pocketed it, ready to leave.

I opened the door and exited the room, following the sound of the music to the living room. The party was still in full swing and all I wanted to do was just to leave.

I exited the main building without seeing Carter anywhere in sight. I walked on the pedestrian path and sat on a bench when my legs felt weak. The night was cold and it seemed that it was about to rain, but I didn't care.

I was too heartbroken to care about anything right now. I wrapped my arms around myself and when I was reminded of what happened earlier in the party by my stupid brain, I broke down.

I sniffed and rubbed my arms together before wrapping them around myself. It was as if nature was in sorrow with me as it started to rain no sooner. I refused to move, instead I cried harder, allowing the rain to blend with my salty tears.

The raindrops stopped falling on me and I looked up. A black umbrella was above me. Carter held it and gave me a sad smile. He stretched his free hand out and I stared at it for some seconds before sighing and taking it. He pulled me into his warm body and hugged me tightly.

"I'm wet. You're—" he cut me off by shushing me. "You're in an emotional trauma. Just savor in the moment for now," he simply said and I shut up, hugging him back.

"Thanks for being there for me, Carter," I whispered and he hummed in response.

We broke away from the hug but I stood close to him, savoring in the warmth radiating from him.

"Let's get you back home," he said and I nodded.

• • •

I sat in front of the closed parlor door, water pouring to the ground from my soaked clothes.

Donney ran to me, sensing my mood, he came closer to comfort me and licked my face. I wrapped my arms around him and sniffed in his fur.

"He cheated on me," I cried and Donney whimpered. He had never seen me like this before. I stood up from the floor and walked to my room, still sobbing.

I had my bath, treated my black eye and wore two layers of thick cloth before landing on my bed. I patted the space beside me on the bed and Donney occupied it. I hugged him closer to myself and cried.

I told Donney everything that happened at the party, till when Carter dropped me off and left after kissing my forehead. Sure, dogs couldn't talk but it felt nice talking to him about it. I could just take everything off my chest.

At the end of it all, I cried myself to sleep, Donney comforting me all the while.

This Friday just became part of my worst nights. Ever.

• • •

My eye wasn't hurting as much as it was yesterday. It was just a minute pain, almost like there wasn't anything wrong with it. My head ached. It was as if pots and pans were banging and clanging in my head. I groaned and flopped to the other side of my bed. I felt something cold and wet on my face, then opened my eyes.