WDMD [26]

When I walked out of Darry's Home, the only thing that went through my mind was the conversation I had with Zach. What did he want to tell me?

He was sorry? Nah, that's never gonna happen. It seemed that he was enjoying every single time he had to torture me to even feel the slightest bit of sympathy for me.

He had feelings for me? Yeah right. When pigs can fly. He never looked at me in any emotion other than hate with a slight touch of disgust.

He was my long lost brother? Ha! He had black hair with brown eyes where as my mum was a brunette with grey eyes whilst my dad was a blonde with blue eyes.

Was he... gay?

"Ew," I said out loud unknowinlgly.

"What?" Levi asked, confusion etched on his features.

I shook my head to dismiss the matter. "Nothing."

He shrugged and inserted the key in the ignition, starting the car.

I didn't even know when we got into the car. Hell, I didn't even know when we started walking here. I was too busy analysing different things about Zach and what he was going to tell me to know anything that was going on around me.

It's not that I had anything against lesbians or gay people or whoever. They are people after all and they are happy the way they are.

Well, some of them.

And they were the ones who chose to be who they wanted.

I am not sure about that, Chase.

Whatever. Just shut up and let me speak.

Okay, sorry.

Whoever they were, they were still humans like me so I have to respect them, not matter what. It's just that the thought of Zach being gay was disgusting at the same time, disturbing. I hated him, so anything Zach and good never went well in the same sentence. It didn't even make sense to start with.

I sighed as I rolled the window down. I propped my elbow on it and rested my chin on my palm. As the car sped down the road, I watched as different colours and sizes of buildings and people passed by.

"Are you okay?" Levi suddenly asked me. He glanced at me for a split second before focusing his gaze back on the road.

"Huh?" I turned to look at him. His black hair was messy from the wind blowing through the rolled down glass. His usual serene features looked worried. My heart warmed at me knowing the reason for his worry.

It was for me. He cared so much about me. His pink lips were drawn in a straight line as he focused on the road.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I waved it off and went back to looking outside. My left hand that was in my lap twitched nervously as I bit the insides of my cheek; a bad habit that I had grown accustomed to over the years. Now, it was hard for me to get rid off, even after the countless number of times my mother spanked my cheek when I was younger for me to stop.

A warm, slightly calloused yet soft hand covered mine before interwining our fingers. Levi pulled my hand to him and raised it up to his lips, then kissed it. Both of our hands rested in his lap.

He didn't need to talk. Just from the simple gesture, I knew that he was there for me even in hard times. That was one of the things I loved about him. He always put my needs before his, though sometimes it just got on my nerves.

When we turned to a familiar road, it finally came to mind that we were forgetting some important people.

"Uh, Levi?"